California black bear hunting report / take action

TJD123

with the idea of banning bear hunting in California completely alive and still an idea in some politicians minds (this guy proposed banning hunting bears completely https://sd11.senate.ca.gov/). I think it's important to hit them with facts to help keep it alive. There was a great read published by cdfw about our bear conservation plan, specially the hunting portion of it & revenue generated from tag... It takes two seconds to send in an email in. Page 25-26 has some great facts to reference as a reason to keep the season alive. (maybe add a spring season???)

comment here: https://wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Mammals/Black-Bear

1714673789424.png

here is my comment! feel free to copy and paste!

Page 26 of the report outlines an important fact about why having established and regulated hunting seasons are important. Over the last 10 years $27.2 million was generated for research and conservation through the sale of bear tags. Per the report, it is estimated that a heathy harvest amount is 15.9% of the population. Currently, less than 7% of the population is harvested annually. Since we do not even reach 1/2 of the substantiable annual hunting mortality rate. A separate spring season and tag should be established to help generate the sale of more bear tags which in return would increase revenue for the research, conservation and overall well-being of California's bear population.

R2R had a great conversation with Mike Costello, he dives deep In To the efforts of the pro bear hunting community to help with the new California bear management plan. Also out lines how Howl4Wildlife is making it easy for the average guy to participate with action items like this !

Last edited:
R2R had a great conversation with Mike Costello, he dives deep In To the efforts of the pro bear hunting community to help with the new California bear management plan. Also out lines how Howl4Wildlife is making it easy for the average guy to participate with action items like this !
howl for wildlife does make it easy!

The only way to stop this is class action lawsuit. The CRPA is wining battles. And fire the politicians. And make the voting legit.

This one actually did damn near maul me... I get a little rash when I think about it...for those that wanna hunt so cal bears...couple things to remember..shoot them again when there dead...when they disappear into the brush after the initial shot and it's getting close to dark.. leave um alone and head back at first light...and most importantly.. remember..they have Arms..and will most definitely use them to grab you and pull you in so they can grab you by the throat and snap your neck ..and then knaw on your cranium...just a couple things to consider...menacing..Screenshot_20240506-134811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also..those arms have sharp pointy things at the end of them..so if they can't get there jaws on you..they'll just ripp your guts open and eviscerate you...go easy 16ers..them fckrs are ruthless at

times..ARRGH!!!Screenshot_20240506-135934.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back