California Dreaming

kingwouldbe

Apr 29, 2013
So Cal.
Hello fellow So Cal hunters,

Someone poached my pic last year of my bear and that's how I found this site........lol

I have hunted So Cal all my life, I do all of my bowhunting with longbows & recurves since 1982, hunting southern California gives me a 6 month hunting season........ you gota love it.

Well, I'll cut to the chase...... set up a game camera.... this dude showed.....

Attachments

• IM000077.JPG
    IM000077.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IM000078.JPG
    IM000078.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 205
through up a treestand...... the boy got the job done @ 8 yards with his recurve........

As we sat there smoking fine cigars and sipping some Makers Mark..... Caleb tells me, "Dad I have dreamed of shooting a buck like this my whole life......." I think something went in my eye, cus they was moist...... he's been hunting with me before he could walk.

Attachments

• DSCN2634 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN2634 - Copy.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: JPHunt44
The buck came in just before dark, with his nose stuck in a doe, Caleb came to full draw as he was coming down the trail only to stop in his window.

As you can see, he hit it perfect

Attachments

• DSCN2633 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN2633 - Copy.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
That's awesome. Congrats on sharing that great hunt with your son.

Flat out awesome! To kill two animals like that in a week is quite an accomplishment! Congrats to your son!

He tagged out with a good fork........ needles to say, he had an epic season.

Attachments

• DSCN2656.JPG
    DSCN2656.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Hey Kingwouldbe, I posted your bear picture here last year. I got it from our friend Tony. Hope it was ok I shared it here. We were all impressed with the traditional setup and now I see it runs in the family. I've seen your animals all through the pages of the CBH record book. Congrats to you and your son.

Awesome !

Jim.

Buckhunter it's all good.

Thanks guys, if you hunt So Cal you know how hard it is to find big bucks, it's a labor of love.

Both bucks are D-11 and so is the bear.

that is truly amazing that these toads came out of that area. I tip my hat to the Father & Son team. ;D
any words of wisdom for those of us struggling this year. :p

KWB,
Your posts on other forums have inspired me for years. I've never even SEEN animals as large as the ones you've killed here in SoCal, let alone taken one. Apparently, I do everything exactly wrong! I'm hoping to change that in the next couple seasons, working harder AND smarter, not doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!

Many men on here would love to buy you dinner and just pick your brain for about 4 hours, I would suspect!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu