California elk proposal

In general I agree with the changes however I'd like to see all the September hunts pushed back to October or later and I agree tags should be for Cal hunters only. I was at yesterday zoom meeting missed the morning meeting so didn't see what was going on with fishing regs. At the afternoon meeting most of what I saw from the commission was pro-hunting except the agreement for a second bear tag. They are rejecting that. I also notice most of the attendees were anti-hunting people. Who do not follow the guidelines when they speak. They go off on all kinds of anti-hunting rants. We need many more sportsmen attending these meetings.

Last edited:
I do not know, however, I do think many will die or age out before drawing a tag. This is especially true for Sheep tags.
Yeah. I am wondering if there are like 12,000 ahead of me which gives me the same chance as the guys with 0 points also hoping for a random tag.

I hadn't considered the age factor though. I am young though (34) so maybe 40 years from now I stand a good chance if most ahead of me in points age out.

Don’t put too much thought into having max points ya it helps for a few tags but most only have one tag so points don’t matter. I myself have drawn my elk lope and deer not in max point pool. Now sheep I have max for and nothing

Yeah. I am wondering if there are like 12,000 ahead of me which gives me the same chance as the guys with 0 points also hoping for a random tag.

I hadn't considered the age factor though. I am young though (34) so maybe 40 years from now I stand a good chance if most ahead of me in points age out.
You should, I would think. It would've been a better draw if they originally gave a higher percentage of random tags. That way everyone could at least feel like they have a chance.

In general I agree with the changes however I'd like to see all the September hunts pushed back to October or later and I agree tags should be for Cal hunters only. I was at yesterday zoom meeting missed the morning meeting so didn't see what was going on with fishing regs. At the afternoon meeting most of what I saw from the commission was pro-hunting except the agreement for a second bear tag. They are rejecting that. I also notice most of the attendees were anti-hunting people. Who do not follow the guidelines when they speak. They go off on all kinds of anti-hunting rants. We need many more sportsmen attending these meetings.
I would love to attend one of these. How would one attend? zoom?

LOL I listed a link for all their meetings and forgot where I put it. will need to check my links and repost. Found it here is a link for all their meetings. www.fgc.ca.gov

Last edited:
Back