Camo preferences

BangBangBrandon

Jan 22, 2018
San Marcos, CA
Hey everyone... Since the Turkey season is soon upon us i have been looking at different camo clothing items and possibly upgrading what i already have. My question is, do you guys have a favorite camo pattern that works well for the woods in our local forests? I know we can typically start out pretty green in the spring but get pretty brown as the season wears on and into the fall season. Just looking for an all around pattern or company that functions well in our local environment. Thanks.

These days I wear a 3D leafy suit.. light and easy to throw on over regular clothes. But I used to wear any standard Mossy Oak pattern, which worked fine too. Big thing is to wear a face mask and find a tree wider than you, preferably with some concealment brush around. And limit your movement.. all the camo in the world won't help if you're fidgeting around crunching leaves.

Blend in to the surrounding you are hunting...if it’s brown, wear bottomland or similar...green use obsession camo or leafy suit...it’s about movement more than camo, but the shade is your friend...get under it and bunker down...

Reactions: BangBangBrandon
Thanks. Ya, a leafy suit is what I was looking for. Saw some for sale on basspro and was curious if any pattern was better than the other out here. And I have a half mask and some gloves. I appreciate the reply’s. Thanks again guys!

Brandon,

Actually we start out pretty brown and get pretty green.....Mossy Oak Obsession is a great spring turkey color.....I use the brown leafyflage mostly, but I do have green suits for those conditions.

.039.JPG

Don't get too hooked on what camo get's you a turkey. I've seen situations here the wind made leafy suit's a detriment. Never shot a turkey myself but have guided many youngsters to there first ( no interest in taking one myself ). What I tell the kid's is don't make noise, move or make eye contact, Have your gun up and ready in the direction they are coming from, sit shoulder to shoulder with me and I'll bump you when it's time to shoot. good decoy's Granted I hunt private land but that's my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Goyaałé

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu