Camp Hope

david laguardia

Mar 10, 2018
I hit the Turkey Hunter Lotto and drew Camp Hope at the raffle for this Wednesday. I have to think my signing up for the NWTF membership at the raffle made my luck come through. Anyhow, was hoping you all might share some tips on setup locations, hunting tactics for this area. I'm fairly new to Turkey hunting (newb) but have done a fair amount of fishing the beach in this area over the last couple of days.... I've noticed Turkeys roosting by the parking lot and picnic area, quick to scamper up the hill toward private after flydown. Boss Tom seems to gobble all day from the top of the hill. Saw some tracks in the road about halfway down. I'm thinking about setting up under a tree across from the playground but am wondering if I should go higher up the hill or just wait it out etc. Any advice for hunting this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

They are there for sure not where we were this weekend in Browns cove! I have never hunted that area it was my first time winning a hunt and we should have picked that area too. Wish I could help but good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Last weekend I had 2 jakes come right over that hill by the playground. Gobbling the whole time. That was late in the day. At about 12, i watch a group of birds come down to the water and fly across to Browns cove. Strange thing.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu