Cavity Back Bullets

I am so in love with TTSX I don't know if I could bring mydelf to switch. But these do look cool. I shoot an 80g TTSX out of my 243 right now for everything but have been kicking around the idea of doing some 55 or 62g for varmint. Since they are 1/2 the price. These might be one I play with depending on the accuracy of the varmint grenade. I will be at the range playing with some new loads tonight. Trying out the new Hodgkin Superformance powder.

I am so in love with TTSX I don't know if I could bring mydelf to switch. But these do look cool. I shoot an 80g TTSX out of my 243 right now for everything but have been kicking around the idea of doing some 55 or 62g for varmint. Since they are 1/2 the price. These might be one I play with depending on the accuracy of the varmint grenade. I will be at the range playing with some new loads tonight. Trying out the new Hodgkin Superformance powder.

I'm not a fan of the Superformance powder. I can't match the factory ammo volocity and I keep getting high pressures..

I wouldn't mind trying these if they made it in a 7mm.

I am using R17 for my 243 right now and am only around 3,070fps for my accurate round. I want to see if I can get same accuracy w Superformance but increase FPS to around 3400. Kind of more of an experiment than anything I will be at p2k shooting round robin tonight.

Looks like they are only available in 6.5 and 6.8 all other calibers when clicked on say still in testing. I should be doing paperwork on a 260 tomorrow so maybe I will run these against TTSX. BTW great success with the superformance tonight my father inlaw should have a right up on it soon.

Very cool I might buy a box to try up against the TSX.
Looks like a box of 50 is $35 about the same as barnes. Because of the cavity back the heaviest 6.5 is 118g. I will probably pick up a box to try. I believe it will expand but how accurate will it be at 400. will the cavity somehow cause drag or tumbling etc.

i just ordered a box of the .277, and sent them an email asking if they were going to be making any 7mm/.284 bullets. They emailed me back within an hour and said "
Hello Nicholas,

Yes at least one perhaps 2 different weight 7mm projectiles are on the road map.
Thank you for your interest. We will keep updating the site and forums with the progress.

Robert
Cavity Back Bullets
www.cavitybackbullets.com

Cool
I really hope these bullets break apart a little and loose 30% of their weight like the lead I shoot.

It sounds as if these need a jump into the lands. Did you ask about reloading details?

Ya because of the cavity looks like you load them a little hotter according to a little research. Reloading data would be nice. I am sure they can provide it.

I sent them another email asking about what load data should be used. Will let you know when I get the response

Did you ask about reloading details?

This is his response.
Nicholas,

For now until I get a qualified pressure test set up my attorney says no posted load data.
You can use load data for a like weight lead bullet.
For instance my 120 6.8 MKZ loads the same as a 120 SST.
You will find they handle pressure even a bit better.
Please work up and use good safe reloading practices.

Robert

Interesting. I am going to order a box and give them a try I want to compare this in 118 120ttsx and 127 Lrx

Last edited:
My Barnes ttsx work great so I don't know if I would change but I might give these a shot when I get a 260 hopefully in the next few months. They look like great bullets so if they are California legal I don't see why I shouldn't give them a shot

I have heard that the Barnes don't expand as well in smaller animals. I haven't shot anything but pigs with it so I can't say from experience. I'm curious if these are any better

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu