Chariot Fire

Sfc2140

Aug 7, 2012
I'm sure everyone has seen the news, I hope and pray everyone is ok and they can contain the fire soon.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jul/08/fire-julian-mount-laguna-evacuation/

On a positive note, there will be excellent new growth in these areas after some rainy days and hopefully it will produce some nice bucks.

I was wondering how this would affect the season. Hopefully not in a negative way

Sorry for any structures that are lost, but this is healthy for the forest. I bet there is already deer in the burnt areas rolling in the ashes( tick and parasite removal).

If its anything like the last fires, CNF and DFW will close down the areas where the fire goes through and every other public area.

Sorry about your equipment Mergrath; that sucks big time! Time and effort lost.

But I think Matagi is right. They'll probably close that area down for "reforesting" purposes and put a two year hiatus on anyone hunting there. Major bummer for the Laguna hunters.

It's all part of the game I guess. I was up there Saturday hanging cameras @ noon when the fire started. My thoughts were telling me to pull my stuff but you just never really think that what happened really can or will happen. I sat there for a really long time contemplating it too. For the 5% of the time that the wind was hitting me in the face, 95% of the time it was blowing the fire away. Hindsight is always 20/20...

This season is gonna be a tough one for me because I like allot of others will have to find a new place to hunt in a relatively short period of time.

Any ideas when or if they will let us back in there to grab what is left?

That really sucks. I lost a stand in last years A31 fire. Total loss.

Lots burned. I was looking for stands and didn't see any in the area I was. It burned just north of Camp Ole Fire Station down to Pioneer Mail. Mainly the east side (desert side) besides about 100 acre slop over into the Al Bahr Shrine Camp where it jumped the road.

Attachments

• 20130710_150739.jpg
    20130710_150739.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
I just took a drive up there with my kids. Wanted to see it for myself. not as bad as I thought it would be. like wheels said it's mostly on the east side of Sunrise Highway. Unfortunately the Al Bahr Shrine camp is toast. I'd be very surprised if they closed the recreation area. We did see a total of 6 deer including two fawns that I almost hit when they ran out in front of my truck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu