Chasing turkey to Virginia

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
Heading to VA, where the season ends May 17. It's been a long, hard winter for all the wildlife in that part of the country, but my brother has seen some activity so we'll check it out Monday-Wenesday. Full report to follow.

Sent via Tapatalk

BE safe and have a great time! And where you SCH shirts!

Thanks guys... And yes NBK, I'll be representing with my SCH T-shirt!

Sent via Tapatalk

Good luck and happy trails. You guys realize its not over here right? Unless you have limited your skills to gun only. If that's the case you might try reinventing hunting by picking up the bow. :)

good luck man have fun out in the east cant wait to head back over there.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.
Spent three great days with my bros trying to apply what I've learned from Gen, Breacher, Ghost and the rest of you gentlemen. I got very close on the second and third mornings, calling toms on each day all the way to the woods edge. But I couldn't entice them into the open. It wasn't my calls that spooked them, because that last morning we left our guns at home and used electronic calls, with the same result. I guess it could have been my SELECTION of calls, but not the sounds I was making, because the electronic calls had the same effect. I never did hear any hens, so I was uncertain about whether there were any around. But walking in the woods the last afternoon after electronic calling, we found a ton of fresh scratches very near to a spot I'd picked out as a potential set up in case we decided not to try electronic calling. I'd have gone there if I'd had one more day. Each day, we had only a narrow window. Never heard any gobbles outside sunrise to 8am. Around 9am I would start walking the ridges trying to locate birds and never got any responses. Next time...

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu