Checking boxes

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
Just got back from the Panguich Lake general hunt. I wanted man child to get his first deer hunt and he did but he also checked the road hunt box too. This was a thick unit hard to glass and find bucks. At least the area we were at. But if you just do an evening cruise at the right time with the rest the tag holders you have a good chance of getting one. We did and well like I said box checked and he had a blast and that’s all that counts. He held off the first couple days passing up lots of small forks but when he saw this guy he let the lead fly. As his favorite dude Rut says “didn’t go 20”IMG_7785.jpegIMG_7788.jpegIMG_7781.jpegIMG_7793.jpegIMG_7797.jpegIMG_7809.jpegIMG_7814.jpeg

We didnt see any turkeys. We’re kinda spoiled we stay in a very nice 3 story log cabin in Brian Head and tend to hunt close to that but it’s a big unit and I’m sure they’re up there.

Reactions: ilovesprig
We didnt see any turkeys. We’re kinda spoiled we stay in a very nice 3 story log cabin in Brian Head and tend to hunt close to that but it’s a big unit and I’m sure they’re up there.

Wow!...I see lots of deer there and normally around the lake there are turkeys...I have not seen them in Brianhead proper... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu