Choke tubes?!?

The joel

Oct 25, 2016
Hey SCH! I recently purchased a beretta a350 extrema and want to buy an aftermarket choke tube set. As I started reading and searching I have become near dizzy with all the options and it has me at a stand still. Any advise with choke tube selection would be helpful!

Joel,

Stick with the tubes Beretta provides......And modified is all you really need......Turkeys excepted, but even then after patterning with Hevi-Shot many times, modified was the best......2 cents

Invest in more decoys......lol

Steve, the opti choke that came with the gun is a IM and says on it not for steel...

This could be a free fix, call up beretta and say Wtf it's a duck gun that can't shoot duck loads. This has worked for others and they got a free mod choke.

Mod is all you need as said above

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonejour
Carlson Choke Tubes. You can change them out quicker then the flush ones. You might as well get a full, mod and IC. You will be shooting steel shot soon enough in Cali on everything else so get chokes that will work.

John

Steve, the opti choke that came with the gun is a IM and says on it not for steel...

Is this a used gun?.......Because I think all Beretta & Benelii's come with at least 4 tubes.....My Special Edition Black Eagle came with 5.......F, IM, M, IC, C.......The only one it's ever seen is the Mod.

Yeah it's dumb but the truth . Beretta won't give you a choke either. I would just buy an aftermarket Briley LM or M and be done with it.

Bohdi do you know that they won't?

Yeah when I called and asked about it they said I could purchase one but the a350 only comes with an IM. All my other Beretta's came with four that's why I made the call. I didn't really care because I don't like factory chokes just didn't want to make sure I didn't get screwed.

And you can shoot steel out of the IM it comes with, hell you can shoot a full as long as you're not using shells burning above 1500fps

My thought is buy an after market choke kit that I can thread different chokes. Thoughts?

Joel,

Like mentioned, just buy a modified tube and be done with it......Carlson's are as good as any IMO......And they're priced fairly.

I do believe the size of the pellet is more dangerous to your barrel than the speed (more give in smaller shot sizes)......I know of at least two guys that shot (by mistake) bb's out of a lead full choke. Bulged barrel was the result.

It wasn't a huge deal to me. The way I saw it I could buy the a350 for $900 and the chokes I want for another $95 or buy the a400 which has a kick off that I think is useless and 4 chokes for $1600. Made it a no brainer I actually bought another a300 for Black Friday as a backup to the backup to the backup. I guess it's all prerogative.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu