Coyote just bit a woman as she was jogging here in San Diego.

I posted the Kensington attack story from ABC News on PC's FB page. I didn't offer any commentary, because the story speaks for itself: just a factual report of an unprovoked attack by a coyote on a jogger in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

It's still there, in the first thread. I didn't know how to post on the main page... :/

Found what was left of a medium size dog in my front yard Sunday. Just the back legs still attached to the hip and a portion of the tail. Not one of mine and checked with the neighbors all pets present and accounted for. Makes me realize that the yotes are close and bold as ever even if I live in town! :mad:

msailor said:
Found what was left of a medium size dog in my front yard Sunday. Just the back legs still attached to the hip and a portion of the tail. Not one of mine and checked with the neighbors all pets present and accounted for. Makes me realize that the yotes are close and bold as ever even if I live in town! :mad:
No kidding. While living in Poway my wife was stalked by a small pack while walking our dog (100 lb Am Bulldog). There's also a pack roaming our current neighborhood that gather in a church parking lot to howl (off corner of Jackson and Lake Murray). The numbers of yote in urban/suburban areas are nuts.

That does not surprise me. The numbers are nuts and people just don't realize how many are out there. I am in San Marcos with the mountains only about a mile away. I hear the yotes all the time and my wife has seen them in the early am. Time to break out the bow and the game caller!! Just kidding but sure wish I could.

This is the worse time of year.......the packs near the homes are fearless and very hungry

SurfNHuntSD said:
msailor said:
No kidding. While living in Poway my wife was stalked by a small pack while walking our dog (100 lb Am Bulldog). There's also a pack roaming our current neighborhood that gather in a church parking lot to howl (off corner of Jackson and Lake Murray). The numbers of yote in urban/suburban areas are nuts.

We live in Poway. One got my little old 19-y/o cat that hardly ever went outside in the Fall of 2013. He was killed in our fenced-in yard... and we're not in High Valley on acres of land, just a regular yard with a high fence. His remains were found right in the center of our backyard (really only recognizable by the collar) with a pile of coyote scat next to them and some of the tail and some 'yote paw prints behind our shed. That old cat must've weighed all of 5 pounds bone and all, so they are desperate around here and BRAZEN. Didn't know they could jump high fences until that, then Googled and saw one video after the next of them hopping 7' fences with no problem at all. I can't have a damn cat now fearing coyotes, and can't get a dog either unless it's huge... maybe they won't mess with a couple of German Shepherds? Who knows.

Sorry to hear about your cat. I have told the my wife and daughters to not let the little dogs that I have out at night without turning on the lights and going out there with them with my 9 iron! I would hate to lose one or worse have one of my girls get into it with one as they attack my dogs.

My ex-wife was walking her Fifi here in Escondido and a coyote ran out of some bushes and grabbed it.....Fortunately it was attached to one of those reel 'em in type leashes.....Slight tug-o-war before he let go......Fifi survived...... :p

free T shirt if one of you can get something posted on the PC facebook page and get a screen shot for us to put up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We MUST SAVE THIS COYOTE IF ITS THE LAST THING WE DO!!!!!!!

Aeon said:
free T shirt if one of you can get something posted on the PC facebook page and get a screen shot for us to put up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We MUST SAVE THIS COYOTE IF ITS THE LAST THING WE DO!!!!!!!

It posts, just dont know how long it will stay

Attachments

• coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 36
I'm surprised theirs been no coyote attacks lately in Ramona. tons of yotes and food for em all in places you can't hunt

While hunting ducks yesterday a pair bull rushed some coots.....They caught one.....Jacob then turned around and there were 5 more on the hill......Coyotes are starting to run in packs.....Bad news for fawns.

Coyotes teamwork pic.

Attachments

• coyotes chasing rabbit.png
    coyotes chasing rabbit.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 25

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu