Crazy morning...

G

Goyaałé

10:30am doe walks in front in front of me at 40 yards. She is in front of me cant draw yet. I'm ground hunting. She's 15 yards from my shooting lane. She stops. Looks to my left. Then I hear it. Bigfoot is walking through the woods. Jajajjajaja!! Snap, Crackle, Pop! Then I see him full camo. I'm thinking a hunter. Nope. Navy guy is romping through the woods lost. She stops right in front of me I can't move. She stares at him and walks off. He walks up to me and says can i ask you a question? I ask him. Are you guys out hear doing navigation drills? He says . Then i say And yes what's your question? He pulls out a map and asked what peak is he at. I get him squared away. Point him in the right direction. She comes back 20 minutes later. This time in a beeline straight toward me. I couldn't move she would have seen me. She stops 15 yards from me and stares at me for 5 minutes. We were eye to eye literally. She slowly walked away never came back.

Wow, why do they go in there during deer season.
Was crazy morning.
Don't know. I was pissed for a moment. Then I realized he was directly in the direction of my missed shot the other day. Could've been all bad.....

They perform navigation training up there all year long. Surprised he asked you for help they generally avoid you when they come in contact. Whenever I have encountered them they go off trail at the point of contact and will not talk to you.

Reactions: Goyaałé
They perform navigation training up there all year long. Surprised he asked you for help they generally avoid you when they come in contact. Whenever I have encountered them they go off trail at the point of contact and will not talk to you.
Second time I've talked to one of them. Once in late August and today. In August young guy asked me if I noticed him hiding. I did. Shoolk hands. Then we talked about my tree stand for like 20 minutes. Said he seen lots of stand and lots of cams.

Ugh... I sooo know that feeling of the deer being right damn there in front of you... but you can't do anything because they are looking right at you!

Told myself next time that happens I gotta just say EFF it and try to knock one up and get on target as fast as humanly possible.

They are navy seal students, I had 2 walk 50yds from my stand last week, then 30 minutes later 20+ in a single file. None saw me and I could have hit them with a rock. I was hoping they would bump the deer around but nada.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu