Cuyamaca Afternoon Bite

Discussion in 'FreshWater Fishing' started by Truduct, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Truduct

Truduct Well-Known Member

The wife is at a women's conference all day so I had all 4 kids. Decided to make a run up to Cuyamaca. Arrived around 2:30 and no one we talked to had landed any fish. Our hopes were not high but we we had a secret weapon and we were determined to try it out. We picked up 50 large crickets at petco with the intention of floating them topwater with a Bobber.

The bite was slow but my 4 year old landed one on a cricket two foot off the rocks. He had another hit on a cricket but couldn't get the hook set (spider man pole can only do so much lol). My daughter got one on my favorite power bait combo chartreuse gulp with an orange power worm.

All in all I was pleased with the cricket approach and I can't wait to try it out again when the bite is a little better. It was great having the little kids out fish the big boys it made them feel special and drove the big boys nuts. Like always it was a great afternoon up at Cuyamaca and it was great to get a few more fish in the freezer before deer season.
    IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG IMG_2373.JPG IMG_2374.JPG

2. Gspman

Gspman Well-Known Member

Good work dad.

3. ilovesprig

ilovesprig Moderator
    Staff Member

Drew,

That's a great outing.....No cell phone or game boys.....Raising them right.

4. longbowhunter2

longbowhunter2 Well-Known Member

Awesome day. Cuyamaca is one of my favorite lakes. I like the crickets. Tried to talk the wife camping there Saturday. But she is not feeling good.

5. Drewski2324

Drewski2324 Active Member

That is awesome! Good for you guys!

6. NBK

NBK TaftHunter for President!

Nicely done Drew! Excellent photos.