D-19 Lending a helping hand to those in need

Hunter Fishman

Feb 23, 2015
I know Its been rough as usual with the drought but I managed to find a few areas that are holding deer & in good numbers, fair amounts of food & lots of space to hunt. A friend & I worked thru bee canyon early season & saw usual numbers of deer with several legal bucks that were just too far to reach under limited time frames. The second half of archery we got out of the heat & hunted an area of higher elevation & cooler temperature atop Santa Rosa mt. I've hunted it in years past but never saw what I'm seeing this year.
Unfortunately, prior obligations are preventing me from hunting much of the general season, if even at all so as my season closes out, I figured I'd help some of you out who don't have time to scout pre season or is struggling like most hunters every year. I hope this will help some of you to be successful this year.
When i originally posted this, I Made the mistake of assuming it was a members only forum.
My reason for posting this & The way i look at it is, if we have a low harvest % reported, DFW might see it as there not being enough deer for the allotted amount of hunters & could potentially lower the # of tags issued in the future. I could be wrong but the way things are going, we can all likely expect more restrictions & limitations if success rate % isn't up or stable.
Good luck & be safe, General season gets pretty chaotic sometimes.

I know your intentions are good but I'd take this down otherwise when you can hunt there won't be room for you......a lot of people Internet scout.....

It's hellish! Don't go!!!
Plus there's that Creature up there.... Couple hikers disappeared a few years back...
Bad earthquake area too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coastalyeti said:
Plus there's that Creature up there.... Couple hikers disappeared a few years back...

:eek:

You aren't fooling me. Clearly all you found there were small forks and you are trying to get us to tag out on them so you can win the Big Buck Tournament ;)

Coastalyeti said:

:D.....I agree with Mark too...... ;)

santa rosa is packed every opening weekend, and there are people up there every weekend through general season. No surprise there, Game Warden had said to me the majority of deer taken opening weekend came from that area. But yes its a great place to hunt if you have the days of during the week. Lots of area to glass

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu