D ZONE ARCHERY OPENER....

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Awful quiet fellas...lots of chatter leading up to it...anyone?? Buellar???

Dang stevo.....i too was hoping for a forky or 2 from somebody..anybody?? Wth?

Hunted G10 all day Sunday and covered a lot of ground. Only saw two does on the evening hunt. But got a lot of good intel. One 3x3 taken on Saturday it dressed out at 135. Don’t think any deer were taken on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 4 doe from 28-40 yds but I chose to hold out for a specific buck I am after (A22 tag). Now if it was December might have been a different story...

My .02

Buddy and I hunted D17 this past weekend. Scouted our chosen area Thursday and Friday and found a couple nice bucks. Saturday morning they were a no show where we set up and hoped they would be. Wind kicked up and temps dropped yesterday so things changed as far as strategy. Buddy got an opportunity on a small forkie, but hesitated and it escaped. Bowhunting in the desert is tough (at least for us).

Hunted Laguna Saturday. Buddy shot a doe but hit her way low and back. Found drops of blood for 30 yards then nothing. Couldn’t find her. Would’ve been his first deer but no luck. Good learning experience though.

An easy meal for el gato or wiley...damn, i hate when that happens.

Spent Thursday through Sunday hunting D14. I could have taken a shot at a nice forky, but he was at 60 yards and my realistic (ethical) max is 40 yards. So we just had a stare-down and he walked off. Heading back up there this weekend with a revised plan.

Hunted Laguna Saturday. Buddy shot a doe but hit her way low and back. Found drops of blood for 30 yards then nothing. Couldn’t find her. Would’ve been his first deer but no luck. Good learning experience though.

How long did you guys wait before tracking it..
Send me a pm . I know most of all the areas..

Last edited:
Passed on a doe at 18 yards opening morning. Nothin Sunday. Haven’t heard of any local bucks goin down yet myself.

Hunt Laguna sunday 1 doe 5 yds in the morning and huge fork 80 yds with another small fork in the afternoon.

Hunt Laguna sunday 1 doe 5 yds in the morning and huge fork 80 yds with another small fork in the afternoon.
there you go folks!! Huge fork!! I know where im headed this weekend!!! Thanks!

Reactions: TRICER
Saw three deer at my first spot but no shot opportunities (didn’t get a look at what they were any way). Second spot, saw three decent bucks together about a mile out. Watched them bed down. Tried to make some reference points for a stalk but lost track when I got over there. Had to back out. Be back at it this weekend.

Those deer are safe with me..not interested in 3bys or 4points.
..Forks only for this large mammal shooter!!!

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu