D13 AREA OPENER

SoCalB3AST

Sep 2, 2014
lancaster, ca
Today me and a friend got setup around 4am in spot relaxed an waiting,
530 ish sun is slowing starting to show light I start using my range finder to see how far trees are and get some kind of reference points, around 6am the battery dies and had to go back to the truck, as friend stood up there was a 2 doe behind us at 5yards had no. Clue that we were there they freaked out and ran up the hill.

He got back with battery and it's 630 and deer are moving and road hunters are pushing them around, same 2 doe came back down the hill and walked in front of us down the hill and they were being followed by Mr buck, I clipped on to my bow ranged him at 43 yards broad side of me. It would have been perfect shot and well within my range, Glassed him to make sure he was legal SOB it was a spiked buck big but antlers didn't have a split watched him walk down hill chasing the girls, can't wait to go back again lol.

Attachments

• 20150905_085533.jpg
    20150905_085533.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 54
Nice Socal! Sounds like a good time...were you in a tree stand? Thx and good luck next time out.

Love hearing all the stories.....Good luck next time out...... ;)

ps.....Another law, not being able take out spikes longer than 3" that I wonder about..... :-[

I like to follow the spikes chasing does. Eventually somebody bigger comes and kicks his butt.

ilovesprig said:
Love hearing all the stories.....Good luck next time out...... ;)

ps.....Another law, not being able take out spikes longer than 3" that I wonder about..... :-[
Yeah, if there ever was a law destined to select for weird head gear, that's the one.

Anyway SCB sounds like you have a good spot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu