D15 velvet and lion!

Jjb321

Mar 23, 2019
Went out and checked some cams in D15 seeing a good population of does with one forkie, and big lion too

.CA493D5B-5D13-47F4-9815-A30F0E15EBE8.jpegCD5C4151-D44A-450E-8A3D-4D4BADFA02BF.jpegB6B4B0E1-1A0C-44B4-B155-9BF494E35E88.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this from like the Palomar part of D15?

Just asking because that's an amazing amount of open space to encounter in Northern D15 parts I goto.

Is this from like the Palomar part of D15?

Just asking because that's an amazing amount of open space to encounter in Northern D15 parts I goto.

No it’s not down there it’s towards corona

Oh...Ok... Gotcha... Gotcha... I forget about that side of the 74 sometimes. I remember there are some flatter parts way up in there off North Main Divide.

Have you seen that School Bus that's off the side of the road way up there? It's a trip. It's obviously been there for quite some time. It's got trees that have grown thru it!

Reactions: Jjb321
Oh...Ok... Gotcha... Gotcha... I forget about that side of the 74 sometimes. I remember there are some flatter parts way up in there off North Main Divide.

Have you seen that School Bus that's off the side of the road way up there? It's a trip. It's obviously been there for quite some time. It's got trees that have grown thru it!

I remember seeing that some time ago while glassing; had to double take when I saw that through the binos. Not sure whats left of it after the fire though. Google maps now shows that area updated after the fire. Doesn't look like the bus fared too well. Also looks like there were a couple other small structures hidden nearby. Whoever set those up hopefully got outta there safely.

Reactions: TheGDog

No I haven’t, I’ll ask my buddy he probably has as he’s a wild land firefighter up there

One of my customers has a ranch in the Dehesa area. He said that they used to have deer coming to their fields. Now they have Lions coming, no deer any more and ranchers are loosing live stock.
It sucks....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu