D16 Filled

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
Today was my last day and it didn’t disappoint. Saw three bucks and four does. Only got a shot at this guy 20 mins before dark. Put in a lot of miles today and had to drag him out alone for over a mile....uphill the whole way. He better taste good. Barely legal but the freezer is filled. A22 and D16 tags punched.
Simple story.......
I got tired of sitting for the late afternoon. I started walking back toward an old stand site. As I started heading down a ridge, I saw him walking fast on the trail I was standing on, right towards me. I took a knee. Saw he was a spike and lowered my rifle. He turned broadside and I saw the tiny fork. I put the crosshairs on him and squeezed. Dropped in his tracks at 50 yards. Took me an hour to hit him and drag out to my truck, which was actually over a mile and uphill the whole way.....and there was three feet of snow. (Kidding about the last part). IMG_8495.jpgIMG_8494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Jamie. Might want to ask Santa for a cart you can stash down there. I didn't hunt yesterday but my buddy did at our normal spot. In case he didn't tell you, he arrowed a nice forky at 7am.

Reactions: jlroberts100

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu