D16 Today

1911Guncrazy

Sep 17, 2017
When i got on the road to hunt my normal spot I soon realized I left my house to late for the evening hunt. Figured what the heck id go check another spot since light was going down quickly and id get to the other spot much quicker.

Finally parked the truck and hiked a little ways. Maybe 15 minutes passes from the time I sit down and pop pop pop pop someone is target shooting.

Ending up being a complete waste of my time going out this evening but im ok with that as i just really enjoy being outdoors.

While i was sitting down just enjoying myself since the hunt was basically over before it ever even started I thought to myself about all the "Lawful Gun Owners" of California and how the laws pretty much suck. And thinking how close SBR&G was and it was open...

On my drive into the location you see a big sign that state "Fire Closure" (sign that the target shooters HAD to of read) and in the smaller print its states something along the lines of target shooting prohibited during closure but lawful hunting permitted.

Now going back to "Law Abiding Gun Owners" how in the heck do you call your self Law Abiding Gun owners when you are clearly breaking a law. Take your butts to SBR&G and shoot there its cheap.

I don't care that my hunt was a bust but I just have a hard time figuring out why some gun owners here dont care about things. Now im not a resident of California since im active Navy. But i try to contribute my part to help the laws here from sucking anymore than they already do.

Am I just missing something here??? Do the people of California just not care? I just dont want to see things become worse than what they already are.

Im sure it was nobody in this group out there tonight as this seems like a solid bunch of guys.

Anyways rant over and good luck to all the guys left with a Tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably so. I just cant imagine if a fire started during their outing the kind of heat us gun owners dont need. Just frustrating to me

That spot your talking about was a nice hunting spot before they let all them come in and trash the spot. I took a couple nice bucks out of there years ago. After the fire there this past summer Sounded like they were gonna shut it down permenatley. There is just really no one really around to enforce it. BP will tell them something but they still seem to show up every weekend. They started a facebook page about that spot so you have guys coming down as far as oceanside that ive talked to. Guess when they drive that far their gonna shoot until some one of authority says something. The place is trashed. Even an oak they blasted till it fell over. There are plenty of irresponsible gun owners out there and it is a shame.

When i got on the road to hunt my normal spot I soon realized I left my house to late for the evening hunt. Figured what the heck id go check another spot since light was going down quickly and id get to the other spot much quicker.

Finally parked the truck and hiked a little ways. Maybe 15 minutes passes from the time I sit down and pop pop pop pop someone is target shooting.

Ending up being a complete waste of my time going out this evening but im ok with that as i just really enjoy being outdoors.

While i was sitting down just enjoying myself since the hunt was basically over before it ever even started I thought to myself about all the "Lawful Gun Owners" of California and how the laws pretty much suck. And thinking how close SBR&G was and it was open...

On my drive into the location you see a big sign that state "Fire Closure" (sign that the target shooters HAD to of read) and in the smaller print its states something along the lines of target shooting prohibited during closure but lawful hunting permitted.

Now going back to "Law Abiding Gun Owners" how in the heck do you call your self Law Abiding Gun owners when you are clearly breaking a law. Take your butts to SBR&G and shoot there its cheap.

I don't care that my hunt was a bust but I just have a hard time figuring out why some gun owners here dont care about things. Now im not a resident of California since im active Navy. But i try to contribute my part to help the laws here from sucking anymore than they already do.

Am I just missing something here??? Do the people of California just not care? I just dont want to see things become worse than what they already are.

Im sure it was nobody in this group out there tonight as this seems like a solid bunch of guys.

Anyways rant over and good luck to all the guys left with a Tag.

These are the type that ruin it for all of us.

The laws in California are worthless. Think about it. You can drive 78 mph right next to a CHP Officer with no problem. Why would you expect any other laws to matter? I’m not justifying it, just stating what a lot of people feel.

That spot your talking about was a nice hunting spot before they let all them come in and trash the spot. I took a couple nice bucks out of there years ago. After the fire there this past summer Sounded like they were gonna shut it down permenatley. There is just really no one really around to enforce it. BP will tell them something but they still seem to show up every weekend. They started a facebook page about that spot so you have guys coming down as far as oceanside that ive talked to. Guess when they drive that far their gonna shoot until some one of authority says something. The place is trashed. Even an oak they blasted till it fell over. There are plenty of irresponsible gun owners out there and it is a shame.

I have the BLM Rangers number and know who she is and had I had signal id had called her and she would have taken care of the issue. Seems like such a great spot but hard to hunt when everyone is mag dumping.

The laws in California are worthless. Think about it. You can drive 78 mph right next to a CHP Officer with no problem. Why would you expect any other laws to matter? I’m not justifying it, just stating what a lot of people feel.

Well a lot of people are going to be crying more and more about their freedom being taken away from them because they wanted to do something stupid. Making us gun owners look bad.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Well some of my local easy access for this guy just got gated.
Look I am not condone any of these crazy komi laws. But when people trash out a place with junk, and broken glass every where which is tough to clean up.
Is totally F Up.

Reactions: Lungpopper
I have the BLM Rangers number and know who she is and had I had signal id had called her and she would have taken care of the issue. Seems like such a great spot but hard to hunt when everyone is mag dumping.

BP in that area yousto be so cool with us years back when some of us who hunted there respected the laws out there. I had a BP open the gate for me to let me drive closer to the buck I shot back up there. Now they kind of just group us all together.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu