D16

gjone83

Nov 16, 2015
Has anyone hunted the temecula side of D16 off hwy 79? if so any luck. I know there was a fire there semi recently and was curious about the area

Haven't seen much. Saw one buck but haven't been able to get on him. There out there and it's a nice area.

thanks for the info and thoughts on the area. i have had a trail cam out there all season and only 1 legal buck on it. Alot of mountain lions on it though.

infidel said:
D16hunter said:
This area either sucks or is loaded with deer I can't tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna say loaded with suck. Especially if someone is out shooting at other hunters

True but they could be trying to steer other hunters away from the area

D16hunter said:
infidel said:
D16hunter said:

I'm gonna say loaded with suck. Especially if someone is out shooting at other hunters

:)

ivhunter said:
D16hunter said:
infidel said:
D16hunter said:

It's competitive out there on public land. Talking spots on on social media has lead to more pressure here and there. I can probably speak for most hunters/fisherman. That when one or some of their favorite spots is talked about publicly, and stays posted so anyone can google, it makes for some bitterness.

The deer already have the upper hand. Protecting your favorite hunting hole is second or first nature for plenty of folks. I love competition. I enjoy trading Intel but on a verbal basis not on a thread.

So perhaps your right. I don't know if I would necessarily visit a spot that someone I know got shot at though. That's silly

infidel said:
ivhunter said:
D16hunter said:
infidel said:
D16hunter said:

It's competitive out there on public land. Talking spots on on social media has lead to more pressure here and there. I can probably speak for most hunters/fisherman. That when one or some of their favorite spots is talked about publicly, and stays posted so anyone can google, it makes for some bitterness.

The deer already have the upper hand. Protecting your favorite hunting hole is second or first nature for plenty of folks. I love competition. I enjoy trading Intel but on a verbal basis not on a thread.

So perhaps your right. I don't know if I would necessarily visit a spot that someone I know got shot at though. That's silly

I can agree 100% on trading Intel in person and not online. I was just joking when I said it could be loaded with deer. I believe Johnny when he says he was shot at there and there's no deer there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu