D19 Hunt Report (Video) Shot Missed

Westside

Feb 25, 2013
I decided to put a short video together of an awful miss today :'(. This is the second time I see this forky. Well at least I took the memory with me, instead of the actual deer lol.

Other than that, out of about 6 areas we scouted, this is the only area where we found a higher chance of success. Ive seen about 3 different bucks but this is the first time I fired my weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXO5FrP_gDc&feature=youtu.be

Cool video......Sorry about the miss...... :(

ps.......May want to invest in a scope...... ;)

pss......I hope you checked the area thoroughly for blood or the buck itself.

Thanks for posting. What did you find at the positions where it was when you shot? Any blood?

Scope and a rest = dead deer.

Thanks for posting. I love self video's.

Honestly, I am big when it comes to old school guns, I am shooting a Marlin 45-70. This is my first real miss with no success with this rifle. Last year I took down a 2x2 in D14 at 200 yards with this rifles and the year before that I took a 2x3 at 50 yards :). I have nailed various deer with scoped weapons in the past like my Winchester short magnum 270 and .300 mag but I feel more of a challenge shooting scope less. ;)

In regards to blood, I searched and searched and searched and couldnt find anything, it was a bummer. ???

Just one of those things then......I missed a coyote the other day at 25 yds......Still can't figure out why...... :-[

hopefully you run into him again . maybe double check your rifle and make sure you didn't drop it and knock it off

Westside said:
Honestly, I am big when it comes to old school guns, I am shooting a Marlin 45-70. This is my first real miss with no success with this rifle. Last year I took down a 2x2 in D14 at 200 yards with this rifles and the year before that I took a 2x3 at 50 yards :). I have nailed various deer with scoped weapons in the past like my Winchester short magnum 270 and .300 mag but I feel more of a challenge shooting scope less. ;)

In regards to blood, I searched and searched and searched and couldnt find anything, it was a bummer. ???

I accidently bought some copper WSM 270 rounds the other day, I asked for for just copper 130 gr 270 wins, the guy handed to me and I didn't even check, $41 later and I left with the wrong ammo, let me know if you need any! :-[

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu