Dad got a buck

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Well I was bummed last night when my dad said he didn’t want to go hunting this morning. When I woke up he was ready to go. We spotted this buck at first light and my Dad smoked him. I’m glad me and kellen passed the same buck opening morning giving my dad a chance at him! Nothing like some more meat in the freezer.

56c5f2976acd6959a3adeaca4b30067e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Congrats to your dad you have been able to see quiet a few bucks drop this year already. We hammered them the last week of season but it Always helps when I take 9 days off the last of the season and hunt non stop pretty much. I ended up killing a awesome 4x4 and my wife killed A cool decent 3x4 and then I put my buddy on a good forkie then on closing night with a hour left we got him on a 6x4 that we had been after all day.

Congrats on the father-son team effort!

Last edited:
Way to beat the heat. Nice job. Love those smiles.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu