Decoys

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I put in for some of the late season waterfowl hunts today, so I have some time to gear up. I have never tried waterfowl before at all. What kind of decoy mix are you guys putting out? Any other speciality gear I will need? I have waders already.

Any decoys I need to stay away from? For example no Tom decoys on public land while turkey hunting so I don't get shot at. Sounds like these hunt areas keep hunters separated to their own blind areas from what I have read so far but not sure.

Get a pin tail whistle and a half dozen to a dozen decoys you will be good to go. Honestly you really won’t need a whistle but it is fun to blow and when you get them to turn it feels real good.

that is love right there!!!!!!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu