Deer Down!

PSE Stinger 3G. Bought it at Bow&Arrow Shop. Bruce was great! I shoot a 125 gr. 3 blade fixed muzzy broadhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to fill the freezer!

And I hate to be that guy but curious about that shot... Very lucky you clipped an artery. Did you clip her there in a strong quartering away position?

Reactions: Bonejour
Way to fill the freezer!

And I hate to be that guy but curious about that shot... Very lucky you clipped an artery. Did you clip her there in a strong quartering away position?

Yeah. She was facing away from me. I'm really confident with my bow. I practice on 3D targets a lot. I was about 18ft up in a tree as well. I put it just above her pelvic bones. The shot was about two inches low, I was hoping to get it completely over her rump and behind the ribs. I think I misjudged buy about 4-5 yards on the distance. Luckily my broadhead a are sharp. The arrow would have passed through but it stuck into bone at the front shoulder. The liver, a lung, and an artery were severed. She died very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bonejour

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu