Deer hunting check list

SoCalB3AST

What do you guys make sure you have to take with you on trip?

My list

Bow/aarows/broadheads
Paracord rope/ bigger 3/4 rope for hanging
Pulley
Sharp knife
Knife sharpener
Butt out tool
Camouflage
Scent away
Binoculars
Deer calls
Boots
Game bags
Backpack
Lunch
Waters
Butt cushion if sitting
Gopro camera
Headstrap/bow mount for gopro
Pen
Liscense
Zip ties
Ice chest with ice
Alot of water
Non scented baby wipes
Range finder
Bow release
First aid

Help if he's in a canyon lmao

Off the top of my head, I'd say:
list your tag(s) separately.
Don't forget your release if you use one.
rangefinder, +/- spotting scope
Map, compass or app with relevant property info
I use a small chalk bottle to test the wind direction and strength
Sun block, hat

Add to list

First aid kit
Gaitors or snake chaps
Extra pair of socks
Extra knife
Large trash bag
Large plastic freezer bags
Bandana (for sweat)

Thanks for ur guys opinons I'll deffently add it to my pre opener day check list. Another question what is the karma under my post and profile?

You could loose a few items

Pulley leave in car
No sharpener if you get the Havalon just a few extra blades
Butt hole leave at home just squeeze the pellets up or out and cut off
Decent away apply at the car then leave in car
Sd card leave in truck just clear the one in the go pro

Add
Headlamp & batteries
3/4" nylon web about 30' great for dragging/hanging deer cuts you less than rope or rip cord
Baby wipes better than TP
TP for the first wipe or you nose don't mix the two up could be bad
Gloves I use the Kevlar dipped gloves for the gutless hack & haul but good if you field dress they are cut resistan and helps to grab the meat.
Water & more water I take two gallon jugs and tie each end of a rope to the jugs then just put the rope over your neck to carry. Leave one about a mile from the car and the other deeper in. So on the way out you have plenty of water if something happens like you find another lost hunter or you go deeper than you thought. I also carry a water filter so if I find a mud hole I can drink it.
Phone with GPS app. Turn your phone on airplane mode this will save your battery and you can still text where phone calls won't work.

Learn the gutless & debone if your going in deep or packing out......some like bones in their meat "ghost" but if you packing the animal out the bone holds heat like 103 degrees and adds more weight to carry......only my dogs really enjoy the bones....

MJB said:
You could loose a few items

Pulley leave in car
No sharpener if you get the Havalon just a few extra blades
Butt hole leave at home just squeeze the pellets up or out and cut off
Decent away apply at the car then leave in car
Sd card leave in truck just clear the one in the go pro

Add
Headlamp & batteries
3/4" nylon web about 30' great for dragging/hanging deer cuts you less than rope or rip cord
Baby wipes better than TP
TP for the first wipe or you nose don't mix the two up could be bad
Gloves I use the Kevlar dipped gloves for the gutless hack & haul but good if you field dress they are cut resistan and helps to grab the meat.
Water & more water I take two gallon jugs and tie each end of a rope to the jugs then just put the rope over your neck to carry. Leave one about a mile from the car and the other deeper in. So on the way out you have plenty of water if something happens like you find another lost hunter or you go deeper than you thought. I also carry a water filter so if I find a mud hole I can drink it.
Phone with GPS app. Turn your phone on airplane mode this will save your battery and you can still text where phone calls won't work.

Learn the gutless & debone if your going in deep or packing out......some like bones in their meat "ghost" but if you packing the animal out the bone holds heat like 103 degrees and adds more weight to carry......only my dogs really enjoy the bones....
yep that was good one water filer. small so packs easy in back pack. and yep in this kind of weather it is crucial to get the meat in ice. ASAP.
yep some stuff can stay in the car or truck. so add the list Ice Box with Ice. have to think positive. de bone if you go to deep and hard to carry.
is good advice. last one I dragged out in the heat took it's toll.

Ghost

Don't forget zip ties they come in handy

If it is a car and you take the deer whole a kiddy pool is nice to have to keep the blood from going everywhere

If you do pack out I use hefty contractor bags to stead of game bags it keeps my pack dry from the blood and if I find a creek I can submerge the meat to cool it off. And back at the truck it keeps the water off the meat which is important.

Here's the dogs enjoying a scapula from an elk.....it keeps their teeth clean so I try to bring them home they are light and I just make sure to cut them at the joint to ensure no sharp edges that could cut my bags.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Back