Did Larry write this?

He didn't, but boy does it sound like something he could've done..................... :joy:

For what it's worth. Coyote and bobcat are good, better than white tail or mule deer. Axis deer is excellent and I hear fallow deer is good, too. I've never eaten pronghorn or jack rabbit. I cooked a jack one time and he stunk up the entire house. European hare and roe deer are good. Cottontail rabbit, depending on the recipe, is OK. Fox squirrels and Cat squirrels are excellent and woodcock are the absolute king of wildfowl. I've eaten possum twice. One was more tender than pork but even more greasy...very good. The second one was so foul that I've never tried another, although I think corn-fed in a rabbit hutch for a couple of months, they all might be good.Black Bear and American Bison are excellent. Coon was just OK but strong. I think you need to know exactly how to remove the scent glands on their back and legs [I don't]. Pintail and black-bellied tree ducks are excellent, especially the tree duck. Some teal are OK but some are sour. Mallards, black ducks, summer mallards and Mexican mallards are generally Ok unless they've been eating river mussels. Scaup are so-so but ringbills are very good. Interestingly, little ruddy ducks are quite good but buffleheads are poor. Sea ducks are inedible. Gadwalls along the Rio Grande are terrible as are wigeon. Redheads are OK but canvasbacks aren't as good as some people make out. Spoons, despite Ron's recipe, taste like gasoline. Coots--I fixed a bunch of them up for a fancy interns' party--taste like alfalfa gone very bad although their very large gizzards are surprisingly good.Geese--specks, canadas and snows in that order. An outfit in Maurice, Louisiana makes Turduckin with a sprig or mallard in the center, then a spec and then a domestic turkey. No bones. It's pretty good. I tried a wild turkey stuffed with Rio Grande cinnamon teal--it was terrible. I don't know if the turkey screwed up the ducks or the teal screwed up the turkey.A jake turkey is better than a domestic bird, which is also a jake or first-year hen. An old gobbler is coyote bait. Yeah, I know a million recipes to try to make them moist and edible but, whether I make it or someone else makes it, it always ends up dry, tough and tasteless. I've even tried it in gumbo cooked for four or five hours. Amazingly, it is still dry and tasteless. Ringneck pheasants are good and quail are excellent. Virginia, sora, and King rails are excellent.
What is a summer mallard? A molting duck?

You all Taking about Larry ? Just had a chat with him about Coming out and shooting with me at my almost private Box canyon shooting area. A couple of us have been Out hunting with him, a good Guy and a great DJ by reports.
Next time I see him I will pass on your love and missing him.

7 more days and I get to Bring my Bar home, been picturing it in my mind my rifle has a 18" barrel and My Hog scope has got to be 14" with a 56mm lens. This thing is going to be Awesome !
I just found out also it will take 308 and the magmum loads

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu