Does Anyone Hunt Sawmill Mountain?

SoCalB3AST

Sep 2, 2014
lancaster, ca
It is a D11 zone im wondering if anyone knows if sawmill mountain is open this year or not has been closed last 3 years due to fire damage but curious... thanks any info is appreciated.

I'm not sure if Sawmill is Angeles or Los Padres forest, i'll check on that. Talk to the forest service and call the local ranger station. Hunting for me has been tough because the forests have been closed to hunting for the last couple of years due to the power house and station fires. I know for a fact that hunting in Angeles is closed north of Dry Gutch over in Castaic but IDK what that means for Sawmill. There is a very helpful lady that works for the forest service that seems to know a lot. Try calling their office in Acton and see can fill you in on the closures for angeles. Next time I see her ill grab her name and contact info and post it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu