Doing OLD ONE EYE First Euro

Cali Ridge Runner

First time doing a Euro.. so far so good. Should be able to bleach by the end of the week. No pressure washer just been simmer, scrub brush , long tweezers and repeat. Fixed the hole I shot through his horn with a two part epoxy. Came out ok I guess..... I'll sand it and try and make some of the natural texture look better with some exacto blades? Then paint the horn after. Will see how he turns out. I wanted to do a shoulder mount but his cape was so jacked up. Didnt get a new cape this year during rifle. May be A22 will see. Till then he will look nice as a Euro.8E079B31-ACA6-493C-B53D-F471CB709945.jpeg579B0222-9CD0-4776-99A6-E7E7E5A2F05D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
First time doing a Euro.. so far so good. Should be able to bleach by the end of the week. No pressure washer just been simmer, scrub brush , long tweezers and repeat. Fixed the hole I shot through his horn with a two part epoxy. Came out ok I guess..... I'll sand it and try and make some of the natural texture look better with some exacto blades? Then paint the horn after. Will see how he turns out. I wanted to do a shoulder mount but his cape was so jacked up. Didnt get a new cape this year during rifle. May be A22 will see. Till then he will look nice as a Euro.View attachment 47015View attachment 47016
Should come out great! I remember that buck when you posted him...Man he was beat up...An old soldier for sure.

Too late now, but I think I would've left that hole in the antler...Great conversation piece... :blush:
That was the plan to leave it, but..... when I boned him out and went to twist the head off I grabbed above the hole and actually snapped his antler completely off ! He became a 1x3 in front of my eyes lol had to epoxy the antler back on and fill in all the missing antler chunks. Still a conversation piece as my repair is amateur at best. Im sure some will ask lol My grand daughter asked me this week why I shoot Reindeer and chop their heads off. Had to have the talk with her lol

Back