Don't sit in someone's else stand

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
Just a reminder if it's not your stand don't sit in it.....I caught one guy in my stand a few years back he wouldn't come down so I removed the steps at 12' up and left him to bitch all he wanted. Went back in the evening he was still there but his attitude was completely different.

If it's not yours don't sit in it.....I don't sit in your car or truck while your gone

Go buy your own tree stand and put the work in to get it up

And yes I'm referring to Laguna

Just a reminder if it's not your stand don't sit in it.....I caught one guy in my stand a few years back he wouldn't come down so I removed the steps at 12' up and left him to bitch all he wanted. Went back in the evening he was still there but his attitude was completely different.

If it's not yours don't sit in it.....I don't sit in your car or truck while your gone

Go buy your own tree stand and put the work in to get it up

And yes I'm referring to Laguna
If, I'm not using my stand, I welcome fellow hunters to use it. That tree is there for us all to use, you think our creator will tell you get you own tree???
Now if I'm sitting in your stand and you ask me to vacate, that's understandable. and I'd respect your hunt.
Safe hunting and good luck this season.

If, I'm not using my stand, I welcome fellow hunters to use it. That tree is there for us all to use, you think our creator will tell you get you own tree???
Now if I'm sitting in your stand and you ask me to vacate, that's understandable. and I'd respect your hunt.
Safe hunting and good luck this season.

Skinnyjimmy, I'm with you on that. I don't use a stand out west, but I hunt an area in Missouri every year that is full of stands without hunters. Many guys set up stands to 'mark their territory' but only hunt a few times a season. I've been up in an empty stand once or twice (I would definitely move if they showed up). I didn't love the idea of using someone else's gear, (for safety reasons and for ethical reasons) so I mostly steer clear. I just hate to see a good spot 'taken' by a stand without a hunter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But just think about this, the person who hung said stand has put in a lot of work scouting the area and knows that the deer come into the area later in the morning or not until last light so he plans his sits accordingly and you are in his sit.......oops. Now what. Even though you didn't make the tree how do you feel now

That's a fair point. I do my scouting as well, just don't have a physical marker saving my spot, so when a stand (or Hunter) pops up in an area I scout, hunt, and sit at a certain time of day, I do what everyone does on public land.... Go to plan B.

Reactions: turkeyman 85
I feel it's unethical. It's not about sharing others gear like one big happy family. You don't go to your buddy's house and take all his hunting gear if he's not gonna go out. You don't drive other people's cars while yours is in the shop.

Share the land, not the equip

Reactions: BuckHunter
If you did not bring a stand with you to share why should get to share some one else's stand.
If you're gonna sit in my truck you better have a nice truck there for me to use.

So does that mean the hunter that walked up on an empty stand can't hunt that area because they didn't mark their spot? Or..... what if a hunter is not in the stand but sitting in a spot by the stand... the stand owner shows up to sit in the stand. Who has to leave then?

I personally wouldn't have a problem sitting 25-30 yards away from a stand hunter. I would look around for stands before I chose that to be my spot, but I'm not about to go searching around on hunt day because somebody threw a stand up. that comes with sharing the land.

Hell swing a deal with the guy, help tote the harvest out and prep in exchange for 50/50 meat

Hey Cali, long time! Nice to hear from you!

As far as the tree stands go.... I have 2 up there or actually one and a half. Some one took the bottom half of one of them lol Never had anyone sit in one of mine that I know of. One of them is really hidden and it was a lot of work and weeks of trail cams to find a good spot , then took me 2 trips to haul that thing in there and set it up. I wouldn't sit in any one stand unless I had permission or contributed to setting it up or teamed up and made some kind of agreement on sharing stands. I guess if I walked up and some one was there I probably would be like WTF!!!! In my head lol but I would probably just back out and talk to them later or stick a rubber on the ladder later LOL idk ha ha

Reactions: BakoHNTR
I personally wouldn't have a problem sitting 25-30 yards away from a stand hunter. I would look around for stands before I chose that to be my spot, but I'm not about to go searching around on hunt day because somebody threw a stand up. that comes with sharing the land.

Hell swing a deal with the guy, help tote the harvest out and prep in exchange for 50/50 meat

Just move instead of screwing up both of your hunts.....lots of land to hunt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu