Dove 11/19

Shooter7

Aug 8, 2016
Orange County
Just got back from a "day" trip down to Niland (that 2AM wake-up tho...).

Took the advice from some of the members here and bought myself 2 mojo's. Thought I'd check out the heritage fields around Niland since I'd never been there before. Set up the mojo's and probably saw 15 doves for the early morning. Couldn't put any down today but still nice to check out new spots.

Scouted around and set up a few other locations but figured the morning shoot was over so headed out @ 10AM.

P.S. I'll eat my words from my last post regarding not going to the IV again this year.

Glad you got on them. That's why it's called hunting not shooting. The iv is different every day so stay with it and scout all around.

• We shot really good last Saturday and ok today. They were a little bit smarter today. But we still managed about 20. We also went driving around exploring and looking around for more dove and maybe some quail and pheasant. No luck on quail and saw one hen pheasant. Called it a day at 11 and headed home. I got a picture of the hen but I'm not sure how to post pictures on here

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu