Dove by the trillions

I tried bluejay back in 83...wasn't to bad...lots of Italian dressing....fun fact..Italian dressing marinade works for everything...maybe not coyote or bobcat...but pretty much everything..not sure Larry used it ...prolly should have..

I tried bluejay back in 83...wasn't to bad...lots of Italian dressing....fun fact..Italian dressing marinade works for everything...maybe not coyote or bobcat...but pretty much everything..not sure Larry used it ...prolly should have..
I know it's great on wild pig.

Matt,

When I was a young pup....My cousin Dennis and I would shoot rain crows with our trusted single shot .22's....Grandpa Trig would make a big polenta with sauce and add the birds...All while staying in an old miners cabin in the lower Sierras....Grandpa's philosophy was, you kill it, you eat it...Loved grandpa... :heart:

.scan130.jpg

My dad was the one who made me eat it stevo....shot that blue jay with my pellet gun...I'll never forget dad sayin....you pluck that bird and eat it....I never shot another one...

Don't know if anyone knows Nessen Schmidt of King City but, he's the one who told me about wild pig and Italian dressing. One hard core pig killer.

Ahhh nessen....him and Tom are truly the hog father's of California

Those guys grew up together and went to high school together....some amazing stories..

Matt,

When I was a young pup....My cousin Dennis and I would shoot rain crows with our trusted single shot .22's....Grandpa Trig would make a big polenta with sauce and add the birds...All while staying in an old miners cabin in the lower Sierras....Grandpa's philosophy was, you kill it, you eat it...Loved grandpa... :heart:

.View attachment 49998
Classic photo, A Savage 99 wow ! , A classc for sure and without a scope even better. Must have been late 50's early 60's had a chance to buy one from a clueless neighbor in 308 years ago but passed. what caliber ? Tell me it was a .257 Bob and my heart will be warmed... Love the fishing rod as well. You are lucky Steve to have seen that.

Classic photo, A Savage 99 wow ! , A classc for sure and without a scope even better. Must have been late 50's early 60's had a chance to buy one from a clueless neighbor in 308 years ago but passed. what caliber ? Tell me it was a .257 Bob and my heart will be warmed... Love the fishing rod as well. You are lucky Steve to have seen that.
My pops has and shoots to this day a model 99 in 284win...if that rifle could talk,!! 84 years old...bought it thru catolog order...those were the days for sure..

Fred,

Because I shot left handed, I was given that '99 in .308...Shot my 1st deer (running) with it in 1960.....I gave it to my cousin's son and he shot his 1st deer with it as well.

My mom shooting it in about 1956 with scope.

.scan126.jpg

Classic again ! Do you know what scope ? Looking at the guy on the hood . Mannilcher what ? with what scope? looks like a Lyman Alaskan. Another classic... to a collector that would be good stuff. Time to write a book Steve you could fund yout retirement and stoke the next generation at the same time...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu