Dove hunt near el centro

Duck4210

Oct 30, 2015
I'm new to southern California and I'm looking for a place to to start dove hunting iv heard El centre is the place i have also been looking at some blm land maps but I'm still not really sure where to start dose any one know were a good blm spot to set up this season??

There are good spots all over the imperial valley El Centro, Calexico, westmorland, brawley. The problem with the valley is a lot of it is posted. You need to go down and do some scouting. Try and find some corner lots near fields or tree lines. Look for dove and then find a legal place to shoot them in the area. If you put in a day scouting you will find a spot down there.

Truduct said:
There are good spots all over the imperial valley El Centro, Calexico, westmorland, brawley. The problem with the valley is a lot of it is posted. You need to go down and do some scouting. Try and find some corner lots near fields or tree lines. Look for dove and then find a legal place to shoot them in the area. If you put in a day scouting you will find a spot down there.

+1......I might add......If a field is NOT posted it is legal to shoot despite being private.....The exception is "rowed" crops ie: Lettuce, cauliflower, sugar beets, etc.

One other note, there is a 50 yd rule in the IV from any county or state road (dirt or not).

Yep what they said. If I wasn't so busy right now I'd offer to link up and scout with ya... but yea go drive around and scout some fields. If u have an afternoon go down there scout around, and find a field or feed lot to shoot euros in the evening.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu