Dove opener weapon of choice.

Ron,

A Belguim made Citori?...You sure that's not a superposed?....Japan didn't start Citori's till the 70's......... :blush:
Well, after seeing your response and others, I started doing some research as I'm not a "gun guy"... Everything you guys are saying seemed right so I pulled my Grandpa's "Belgium made Citori" out of the safe and well..... I've been told by my Dad some incorrect info. I have been calling this gun a Citori for 30 years.....you guys are 100% correct. It is a Superposed which I have no idea what that is. Also it was purchased in 67' not 65'
Maybe one of you guys can tell me about this gun cause I don't think I've ever heard of one before.....

PXL_20230904_041558537.jpgPXL_20230904_041308891~3.jpgPXL_20230904_040914281~2.jpgPXL_20230904_040918180~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: ilovesprig
Well, after seeing your response and others, I started doing some research as I'm not a "gun guy"... Everything you guys are saying seemed right so I pulled my Grandpa's "Belgium made Citori" out of the safe and well..... I've been told by my Dad some incorrect info. I have been calling this gun a Citori for 30 years.....you guys are 100% correct. It is a Superposed which I have no idea what that is. Also it was purchased in 67' not 65'
Maybe one of you guys can tell me about this gun cause I don't think I've ever heard of one before.....
What you have is a very fine weapon. Certainly worth more than $429.05 today. All hand engraved piece of work.

Ron,

They are quite common, but still are valuable...You have a very desirable and collectible superposed...If the wood and bluing is as nice as the receiver, the value is likely around $1500, more if mint...It appears the serial # ends in S5...That means it was made in 1965......:heart:

ps...The under gauged tubes are very cool as well...:blush:

Reactions: duck-boy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu