Dove tag along?

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Hey I know this is a long shot but is someone willing to let me tag along for a weekend of dove hunting? I'm usually the type that likes to DIY and scout my own spot but I haven't had time to make a trip to the IV. Down to drive but got a small truck.. let me know. In east SD

hey brother i just got back from the IV sunday. I met a great guy and showed him around a little what of it i know and thats not much. I think he mentioned heading back this weekend maybe he will chime in. Wish i could go again this weekend good luck.

I did my mean to volunteer you buddy. Just tossing it out. The IV is a strange and wonderful place....

Hey guys, i'll be out yote hunting tomorrow morning around the IV.. shoot me a pm and i'll help out as much as I can.. I live here in the big IV and I hate doves ;)

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting out to IV for a while to hunt some Eurasians. Problem is it is a pretty far drive from me (north county). I have permission on private land in the julian area that is loaded with gobblers. Any of you guys possibly open to a hunt trade? Show me the ropes out there how to tell the difference between mourning doves and eurasians, places to go ect.. in return hunt with me this spring for a gobbler. Just an idea!

Heres a pic of opening day, this bird was taken off the land I mentioned earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_2628.jpg
    IMG_2628.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
for got to mention thats its pretty far and I have no idea what im doing!

Very fair offer TJ. Im sure you will get a few volunteers any minute. Common guys who is it gonna be? For that trade make sure they do all the driving, and buy lunch on both hunts. ;)

TJD123 said:
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting out to IV for a while to hunt some Eurasians. Problem is it is a pretty far drive from me (north county). I have permission on private land in the julian area that is loaded with gobblers. Any of you guys possibly open to a hunt trade? Show me the ropes out there how to tell the difference between mourning doves and eurasians, places to go ect.. in return hunt with me this spring for a gobbler. Just an idea!

Heres a pic of opening day, this bird was taken off the land I mentioned earlier.
With an offer like that you'll find some to show you around in no time

I've applied. We will see if I get choosen I'm the lottery? ;D

Well to any one that ants to tag....I'm heading to the IV on next sat from north LA county leaving at2-3 Am for one long day with my dad. I've been 2 times dad has not been. It a good place for him since not much walking. His getting a little old to tromp around in the bush all day. So if any one wants to meet pm me. We plan to stay untill dark since the euros seam to like afternoon. Hope we don't see rain.

TJD123 said:

Hi Im new to this forum.. The Eurosians does are much lighter in color the Mourning doves pretty easy to spot the difference between them once u seen both of them..

here's a link that shows all the different types of doves and such.. U can see the pictures even here their calls.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/browse_tax/19/

uplandfam said:
Well to any one that ants to tag....I'm heading to the IV on next sat from north LA county leaving at2-3 Am for one long day with my dad. I've been 2 times dad has not been. It a good place for him since not much walking. His getting a little old to tromp around in the bush all day. So if any one wants to meet pm me. We plan to stay untill dark since the euros seam to like afternoon. Hope we don't see rain.

Hi Uplandfam.. Just wondering how did you guys do Hunting there?

i haven't had a chance to hunt dove this season yet.. been trying to get some time to go out this upcoming weekend (9/13/14) So wanted to know how it was there Maybe i will make take a trip there also. (im also from Los Angeles county) thanks in advance.

jaysocal, I'm planning on heading to the iv also, if ya want we could meet up there and hopefully give them birds a lil hell. let me know

bstranch1 said:
jaysocal, I'm planning on heading to the iv also, if ya want we could meet up there and hopefully give them birds a lil hell. let me know

Hi there bstranch1 sorry for the late reply I just got back in here just now..

Hope you had a good time over in the Imperial Valley?

I unfortunately did not go in that direction..
I did some dove and rabbit hunting first near a semi flat area i been too before.. then
I figured i go and do some scouting for my next deer (fingers crossed) but it was pretty much a complete bust.. the area i went to scout its some what behind Gorman's (hungry valley) i went to the Los padres national forrest lands and it was beautiful country But unfortunally it was also Filled with old Illegal marijuana growns.. Huge and I mean Huge 1000 plus plants holes were left there.. quite a bit of trash left behind by them as well it sucked the life out that place.. not many animal activity signs anymore not much deer trails just a few tracks here and there even fewer scat and all very old.. Looks like the people who grew the marijuana there either killed off most of the deer and other animals there or atleast scared them far off.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu