Dove warm up report

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Hit the IV on Sunday with my buddy John. He wanted to shake some rust off before September 1st so we went looking for ECDs. Checked a few spots and finally found one worth staying at for a while. We ended up with around 30 birds total.

Didn’t really scout for mournings but saw a fair number. We did take note of one field that had been plowed and was loaded with white wings. Who knows if they’ll be there in two weeks. We felt pretty good about our shooting, but let’s see what happens when the target is half the size and twice the speed lol.

8A68D920-077F-46E8-938E-4DDC67F0439C.jpeg8FD1538C-33EB-4E8E-B4C3-A844C1EF3085.jpeg

Good job guys. I actually know EXACTLY where that is. It never has huge numbers but always as some birds.
I don’t know if there are any secret spots out there. We were checked by a warden and he said he hunted the spot a week earlier.

Reactions: Gspman
I don’t know if there are any secret spots out there. We were checked by a warden and he said he hunted the spot a week earlier.
Nope. Not much secret anymore. I was set up on they spot at 4am 2 openers ago. I had my 3 kids and my wife and father. We set up all the decoys and moved the truck. Right before hunt time 2 guys come walking in and sit right next to us. They came in so quietly they scared my wife and I drew down on them not knowing what was going on. The really stupid thing was they didn’t leave. So we packed it up but took about 45min the get all our decoys and shells and stuff. We drug it out so all the movement at first light ruined our hunt and there’s.

Nope. Not much secret anymore. I was set up on they spot at 4am 2 openers ago. I had my 3 kids and my wife and father. We set up all the decoys and moved the truck. Right before hunt time 2 guys come walking in and sit right next to us. They came in so quietly they scared my wife and I drew down on them not knowing what was going on. The really stupid thing was they didn’t leave. So we packed it up but took about 45min the get all our decoys and shells and stuff. We drug it out so all the movement at first light ruined our hunt and there’s.
Never fails... I do the same, try to get there super early to get my prime spot and then end up having guys roll up at shoot time right on top of me. This year with a Saturday opener should be interesting. These days I just try to have a good attitude about it all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WaterDawg
With what is going on with my family and a Saturday opener probably best I skip it. Maybe I’ll go hunt my club but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With what is going on with my family and a Saturday opener probably best I skip it. Maybe I’ll go hunt my club but I doubt it.

Hope you can get out during this tough time Ahi.

Still praying Tom, hope things get better

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu