dove

Big Jim

Aug 6, 2015
Hello all, I was hunting Euros yesterday before the opener and was sited by a warden for wasted game, he asked if I had any birds down that I didn't retrieve, being the honest hunter that I am and also they mentioned they were watching my son and I for a while, I said yes, one in the stagnant pond which there is no way I could get to it and one in the middle of the cows, they took pictures of the one in the nasty pond but asked why I didn't retrieve the one from the cow pen, I told them I attempted but it was still alive and flopped to another pen and since im broke (bad knees) I left it there, so then I sent my son in who climbed along the fence, in front of the warden and retrieved the euro, the warden confirmed it was a euro which was trampled by the cows and gave it to me. he still gave me a citation for wasted game. any idea what the fine may be for this or should I go to elcentro court and fight it?

TOTAL BS!......What is it with these guys and you were your son to boot......These kind of stories really piss me off!.....Fight it every inch of the way.......:mad:

ps......Probably $500.00 or more.

pss....Name, rank, and serial number (go ID #)........That's it for info and no small talk.

psss.....What's the name of the warden?

pssss....And you wonder why I don't shoot feral pigeons in the IV...... ::)

B. McCorkle #752
Tod Van Epps 787
totally treated us like criminals.

Big Jim said:
B. McCorkle #752
Tod Van Epps 787
totally treated us like criminals.

Jim,

Not who I thought.....Probably from out of the area (their opening day too).....Even more reason to fight it.

Please PM me, if you need any advice or help.

thats bs...... what about all the doves you see floating down the middle of the canals...... drifting at five miles an hour right in the middle. oh hang on just a second while i throw a couple jigs at it to retrieve it........ then you get cited for something else outrageous like fishing in a private canal!!!!! but sir i was trying to get my bird..... oh and here is a cited for not retrieving the bird to !!!

The nerve they have :D

ilovesprig, your a blessing, as soon as I get the paperwork in the mail ill PM you for advise. thank you again, it really put a damper on my son, he doesn't want to hunt any more. :'(

That sucks big time, I hope you can get your son to stick with it and not give up hunting.. Good luck..

Jdrivsd619 said:
thats bs...... what about all the doves you see floating down the middle of the canals...... drifting at five miles an hour right in the middle. oh hang on just a second while i throw a couple jigs at it to retrieve it........ then you get cited for something else outrageous like fishing in a private canal!!!!! but sir i was trying to get my bird..... oh and here is a cited for not retrieving the bird to !!!

What? can not fish the canals? when did that start.
Please Advise.

Ghost

Ghost said:
Jdrivsd619 said:

What? can not fish the canals? when did that start.
Please Advise.

Ghost

I have no idea if you can or can't fish the canals I was using it as a very poor metaphor trying to make the point that it seems they enjoy hassling people.

here might be a better scenario: you shoot a dove, it is wounded and flys over head into the field across the road or behind you or what have you, except its posted no trespassing and no hunting..... but your bird is laying ten yards on the other side of the fence. do you cross the fence and get your bird or do you leave it? now throw fish and game in there...... they see you leave the bird and you get cited for leaving a bird or on the other hand they see you get the bird then you get nailed for felony of trespassing with a fire arm....... does this make sense? they just enjoy ruining this privilege for us and make it hard to enjoy what we are doing because well shoot at this point you could be breaking some kinda law and not even know

Trying to make sense out of DFG digest booklets is comedy

If your straddling the private property line and you kill a bunch that die on private it may be an issue but if you shoot one or two and they land on private property leave your gun where you were shooting from and retrieve them and you will have proof that weren't killing them on private property and if the game wardens in a bad mood he might sight you but not for felony trespassing with a firearm just trespassing but I doubt they will cite you tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i mean it wasn't a literal explanation just an example of how gray the line can be with a game warden sometimes..... but trespassing anywhere at least in San Diego is considered a felony this is why i only fish golf courses i have permission to 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu