Down by the Border...

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Day 3.5...no truck access here 16ers...or Turkeys...but Oh boy...Oveja....for days... ***Pretty warm also..man .borderline africa hot...I hate myself today***

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-110501.png
    Screenshot_20230424-110501.png
    1 MB · Views: 67
98%. There's always that one that wants to be side shot..so he gets it in the side. Personally..I usually won't shoot unless I know I can throat patch um.(neck..in front of shoulders)
.lots of critters have walked out of my life forever over that..but that's just my deal..now if ones running away with guts hanging out or broken leg or just sick .Which happens ...he gets the full Monty..anything goes ..

Reactions: 180ls1
Also..I'm not a 500 to 1000yd shooter kind a guy, most critters are taken under ,300yds..(truck and all)..won't see me in a flat hat..all though ..I think I'm getting one this year .. Gonna call Larry!!

98%. There's always that one that wants to be side shot..so he gets it in the side. Personally..I usually won't shoot unless I know I can throat patch um.(neck..in front of shoulders)
.lots of critters have walked out of my life forever over that..but that's just my deal..now if ones running away with guts hanging out or broken leg or just sick .Which happens ...he gets the full Monty..anything goes ..

Broadside only or does a neck shot from basically *any* angle work?

Full frontal does a fine job Also..like when the bstrd is mad doggin you staring straight at you like you owe him money.. KAPOOW..right in the throat!
Broadside only or does a neck shot from basically *any* angle work?

Great ram, congratulations was this a diy hunt ?
100,000+ acres of private..no Marriott or Hyatt..but couple of shacks to lay up in..I have an associate that lives on the ranch...I'm fortunate to be able to help out when I can..not to far of a drive from my place...getting to be Africa hot now....last trip of the year for me down there..

#2 shot this one in the ass..then had a nice follow up to the neck...when asked..why the ass shot #2? ..he replied..had to slow him down for the money shot .Steve likes #2...I dunno about that kid..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420-055334.png
    Screenshot_20230420-055334.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
For the record..that is the most lethal shot there is in my humble opinion...nothing takes a step.. impossible with a broken neck...not always a possible shot. .but when it is...good night nurse..

For the record..that is the most lethal shot there is in my humble opinion...nothing takes a step.. impossible with a broken neck...not always a possible shot. .but when it is...good night nurse..
I appreciate it! Always good to hear from the killers. I may have been persuaded to give that a shot this fall.

Reactions: sportyg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu