DVL this weekend

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
I'm fishing diamond valley lake this weekend. I don't have a bass boat so I'll be shore fishing anyone ever fished for bass their? Any advice?

Haven't seen the lake in a while, but guessing it's very low like most.......Bass are very comfortable in deep water here. So find the steeper rock, flats with deep water success, and any stick-ups, if there's any in the water......Fish super slow with lizards (Carolina) and or Senkos in pumpkin or watermelon bf and rf (fly lined).......2 cents

I've never fished DVL but I have noticed more and more males starting to appear in the shallows at Otay. I've been getting them on medium diving crank baits (fire tiger/shad color)

Water temp at Wohlford was 62........This is the same reason so many males were up tight at Hodges.......87 in Temecula today.......Early spring.

ps.......Toms were strutting and gobbling like crazy yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    457.3 KB · Views: 60
throw out some chicken liver and have a chance at catfish and stripers.. good luck

Trout plant anytime recently? Swimbait!

Otherwise I like Carolina rigging tubes or flylining senkos

Starting to see beds, for some reason purple is the hot color of choice and if you are there just before sunrise I would throw a big top water at striper point which is right of the launch ramps

Lost a 9 or so and a 4 in the rocks one after another only bites all day. The 9 bit a texas rigged senko the 4 bit a weightless senko

This time of year your only fishing for a few of bites........If you put visuals on those two.........You did good..........Senko's are the bomb......... ;)

ilovesprig said:
This time of year your only fishing for a few of bites........If you put visuals on those two.........You did good..........Senko's are the bomb......... ;)
I got a visual on both fish I love senkos i catch a lot of fish on em only thing I dislike about them is the price

D16hunter said:
ilovesprig said:
I got a visual on both fish I love senkos i catch a lot of fish on em only thing I dislike about them is the price

I agree about the price.....$7.39 for a bag of 10 at Turner's..... :-\

There are some skinny knock-offs on E-Bay, but they just don't sink the same as Yamamoto's (plus they don't make my 2 favorite colors, Watermelon & green pumpkin bf)......There's many companies that make the 5" fats and they work in many places......But there's just something about the thins/skinnies that I have more confidence in.

ps......I tried BPS's version too......No Bueno.

green pumpkin jigs have been working great too, stay about 50 yards from the shore where it gets deep quickly, the bass are getting ready to spawn so they are definitely hanging out in that deep to shallow area, rocky points are doing me the best.

I'm thinking of heading there Sunday. That is one of my normal lakes, just haven't been in a little while. It is hard to go elsewhere when you get the boat band for those 3 lakes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu