Elk burgers

d16ridgehiker

I had never had the opportunity to try Elk before. I was lucky enough to have SCH's own Lungpopper offer me some Elk. I couldn't pass it up. I was going to try out some burgers to get a taste for it. Decided stuffed burgers would be best. Added a little seasoning...didnt want to overpower it. Really wanted to get a taste for the meat. Took a little red onion and jalapeno, diced it up and rolled into the patties and then stuffed the middle with some shredded Monterrey Jack. Topped it with a slice of Monterrey Jack and put it on a Ciabbata Bun. Added an Aloha Sculpin to wash it down. I'm hooked. While I love Venison, Elk is something else.......My son's burger was stuffed and topped with the cheese, no onion or jalapeno. He gave it a thumbs up approval. Thanks again LP, your kindness is very much appreciated!!

.20190712_175459.jpg20190712_182714.jpg20190712_183525.jpg20190712_184018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! I was given some elk burger by a fellow SCH member a couple years ago I made tacos and it was unbelievable! Wish I had the time and cash to get my own. I guess I will just have to be grateful when I get a little!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Them burgers look good. Every year the first night before archery my buddy brings elk meat for some burgers, just about 2 weeks away. Dang, thanks for the reminder of the goodness that is coming.

Steve when are you bringing over your waterfowl for us to grind up. I know we talked about it and never got it done.
I have a sac goose hunt in December I will be making some Italian goose sausage for sure.

Drew,

Just ground up about a 100 lbs (pep sticks)...Should have plenty by December.

Back