Elk burgers

Fried waterfowl have never come out well for me...I guess if you like liver, it would be edible... :D
I soaked mine in buttermilk for a couple days and rolled it in flour and fried it in a pan. I was surprised by how mild the flavor was, I don’t even like liver.

Fried waterfowl have never come out well for me...I guess if you like liver, it would be edible... :D
I love liver, but overcooked duck is worse than badly cooked liver. Take a duck breast, even a spoony, and sear it to medium rare and I swear it'll taste like a steak. Ruddys are a different story though... I've kept it safe and only tried poppers and jerky with them. Cleaning them always makes me wonder why my hands smell like low tide on a hot day.

Duck hijacked!

Sad......elk with salt & pepper & hot grill is all you need.....maybe a good tomato, onion & mustard!

Working on my elk from last year half gone so far51511.jpeg

I love liver, but overcooked duck is worse than badly cooked liver. Take a duck breast, even a spoony, and sear it to medium rare and I swear it'll taste like a steak. Ruddys are a different story though... I've kept it safe and only tried poppers and jerky with them. Cleaning them always makes me wonder why my hands smell like low tide on a hot day.
Ruddy ducks are a delicacy superior to all other forms of red meat found on this planet. After I managed to bag two ruddys last year at San J my eyes were opened to the robust flavor that makes Ruddys stand out from the rest. I’ll take one ruddy duck over a cooler of elk every time.

Back