Epic weekend pig hunt with Neil and GSGS

Um... How is this for a trophy shot till I get something better?
;Ddunyzahu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm... How is this for a trophy shot?
;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lungpopper said:
Looks like you need a smoker and a sausage maker.

You could also just take it to a butcher if you do not want to go through the trouble. My local butcher does it for 1.30 a link or something like that with plenty of flavors to choose from

chuck88norris said:
Lungpopper said:
Looks like you need a smoker and a sausage maker.

You could also just take it to a butcher if you do not want to go through the trouble. My local butcher does it for 1.30 a link or something like that with plenty of flavors to choose from

I have a buddy who has the gear. We make italian sausage and chorizo together. I supply the meat, he supplies the spices, casings, etc. We split the final product. And like Randomshot and Lungpopper, we have been known to enjoy a beer or two in the process. This pig was pretty lean so I didn't take any bacon; otherwise I'd have smoked it. I did take liver for frying, and heart, tongue and kidneys for brining. "Waste not, want not" are words I live by.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Cory has a connection too, and you never know when you'll need a professional butcher so this is good info to have.
8)

It's a beast...the pig! ;D

Great looking paint job on that animal.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu