Ever wonder what goes on at the swamp when you are not there

OK it's over.... Had a fun year duck hunting with wild swings from best hunt ever to worst and back again. I'm glad the ordeal is over and time to do some other stuff. So to close out this thread I'll show you how I got a blink cam to work miles out in the swamp with no cell service.
1000017661.jpg

Here is the home base. The starlink is converted to run off 12v solar. The round thing on the pole is a nanobeam. It beams the internet where ever you point it to another nanobeam. This is also converted to run off a 12v power source. My trouse has no power so the only way to have full time power is solar with lifepo4 battery

1000017662.jpg

Here is the home box. Charge controller to keep the batteries charged. Converters to make the correct voltage for the starlink 48v and 24v for the nanobeam. Two power over ethernet injectors to feed the them. I used two solar panels I got off fb market place. They have zero problem keeping the unit charged even with the added draw of lights and my old man's cpap running off it. The starlink only requires 29watts and the nanobeam only draws 8watts.

1000017653.jpg

Here is the remote box a few miles away out in the swamp. Mini version of the home set up. Charge controller with a recycled panel feeds it. The 20ah bat can run for two days or so with out charging at all. The converter makes the power the nanobeam and pushes it out through the injector. A lil 5v usb c converter feeds the travel router

1000017651.jpg

1000017650.jpg

In the last 3 months I only had two outages. Mice ate the ethernet cable on the remote nanobeam. Put a rodent resistant cover on the cable and problem solved. The other was the wind flipped the panel over. I had set it on a dead bush.

1000017649.jpg

Next year I'm going to install a 4k pan tilt zoom cam to get even better images.

Till next year...

Dude! Above average for sure..strong work on the ducks!!

OK it's over.... Had a fun year duck hunting with wild swings from best hunt ever to worst and back again. I'm glad the ordeal is over and time to do some other stuff. So to close out this thread I'll show you how I got a blink cam to work miles out in the swamp with no cell service.
View attachment 61254

Here is the home base. The starlink is converted to run off 12v solar. The round thing on the pole is a nanobeam. It beams the internet where ever you point it to another nanobeam. This is also converted to run off a 12v power source. My trouse has no power so the only way to have full time power is solar with lifepo4 battery

View attachment 61255

Here is the home box. Charge controller to keep the batteries charged. Converters to make the correct voltage for the starlink 48v and 24v for the nanobeam. Two power over ethernet injectors to feed the them. I used two solar panels I got off fb market place. They have zero problem keeping the unit charged even with the added draw of lights and my old man's cpap running off it. The starlink only requires 29watts and the nanobeam only draws 8watts.

View attachment 61256

Here is the remote box a few miles away out in the swamp. Mini version of the home set up. Charge controller with a recycled panel feeds it. The 20ah bat can run for two days or so with out charging at all. The converter makes the power the nanobeam and pushes it out through the injector. A lil 5v usb c converter feeds the travel router

View attachment 61257

View attachment 61258

In the last 3 months I only had two outages. Mice ate the ethernet cable on the remote nanobeam. Put a rodent resistant cover on the cable and problem solved. The other was the wind flipped the panel over. I had set it on a dead bush.

View attachment 61259

Next year I'm going to install a 4k pan tilt zoom cam to get even better images.

Till next year...

If there is ever a Zombie apocalypse, I want to be on your team.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu