Exciting day... Well not that exciting

PSE-582

Sep 15, 2014
San Diego
So for those who didn't see my intro post, I've been shooting for about 3 years however the first two years were on my dads 32 year old compound bow. I bought my PSE Surge about 8 months ago. I wanted a 60lb bow but they only had 70lb bow in the camo I wanted. I bought the 70lb bow hoping I would grow into it and today I put 3.5 turns into the bow maxing it out!!! I started the sighting again and super pleased so far (see photo below for 20 yard grouping on 5" diameter target)

In addition, when I got home, my new Predator Camo and a new buzz bait was waiting at my door. Good day over all, now I need to take all into the field.

63CDDC95-748F-47AF-8CA9-E3E0BCDD0AC1.gif

0132A3BF-135A-43CC-A49A-92EC7713784B.gif

6B875241-6744-4CEF-B46E-97BFB1F15FBE.gif

5A7ED760-04B5-41F2-9BDE-46A0FA6CC608.gif

That's a good day alright. Have you figured out your effective range yet?

Not since adding the extra draw weight. Previously I was target shooting out to 60 yards. I'll work my way back to 60 as I sight in the other ranges.

I'm not sure what my new range will be but I only have a 5 pin sight right now so I'd like to keep that 5th pin as my 60 yard pin. If the pins get too tight though maybe I'll do one pin for 15 or 20 yards.

I also have a 5 pin, mine is set up at 20,35,45,55,65 and I'm accurate at 70 with about 5" 3 shot groups right now. I would never want to shoot that far, but sometimes I might have to!
Check out some the archery only tags for either sex. That is what I started off with when I first got my bow..

TaftHunter said:
I also have a 5 pin, mine is set up at 20,35,45,55,65 and I'm accurate at 70 with about 5" 3 shot groups right now. I would never want to shoot that far, but sometimes I might have to!
Check out some the archery only tags for either sex. That is what I started off with when I first got my bow..

Right now I'm lucky to have an 8" group at 50 yards haha but I'm getting better. I might shoot tomorrow and see if I can get my 30 and 40 pin sighted or at least figure out what increments are going to be. Thanks for heads up on the tags.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu