feral hog question

archerthearcher

Dec 3, 2012
Ramona CA
I am not trying to get secret honey hole locations or anything like that. Just some basic understanding about the behavior I have seen recently.

So I have asked around a few times here on the boards and ask the guys at Bow N Arrow and was told the local hogs like the lower altitudes [at or below 3k] and close to water/food.

However the past couple of weekends I have been out and seen heavy tracks and routing around in the 4500 range. And even had one 6-8 feet away from me [in heavy brush] grunting and stomping.

Can anyone confirm what I am seeing? Is this a spring time change for them or are they just mocking me? ;D

Dude your there ( and way closer then me). Stay on them like glue and u will get one. That is the same Activity that my friends had when they killed there's local ( just a cupple of buddies a small group of guys)

archerthearcher said:
I am not trying to get secret honey hole locations or anything like that. Just some basic understanding about the behavior I have seen recently.

So I have asked around a few times here on the boards and ask the guys at Bow N Arrow and was told the local hogs like the lower altitudes [at or below 3k] and close to water/food.

However the past couple of weekends I have been out and seen heavy tracks and routing around in the 4500 range. And even had one 6-8 feet away from me [in heavy brush] grunting and stomping.

Can anyone confirm what I am seeing? Is this a spring time change for them or are they just mocking me? ;D

Sounds like you have the secret honey hole. Good luck

have hog dogs, willing to travel :)

stay at it and eventually you'll connect. Try to locate their bedding areas and set up between their travel routes. I seem to have better luck in the afternoons during the spring and summer months. With the heat kicking up, try to locate wallows and a body of water where the hogs are going to.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu