FIANLLY. a bass.

So I’ve been starting a new business and working my old job full time so no days off for 2 months.
Finally got to a point my wife and I could get out. Made reservations hitched the trailer up and hit the road yesterday about noon. Got to lake Casitas about 2 set up and fished the evening. I got something big about sunset but he took off with my best lure. Lesson learned always check your old knot on your lure. After a good sleep in this morning (I did not realize oh beat I was) and a trip to the local walmart 30min away we get back and it’s hot and breezy and we don’t expect much. Second cast out off a shallow point and BAM. One of the best bass I’ve ever gotten and a first in a long while. We stayed a while longer but nothing. We will hit it again this evening. They have night shore fishing this weekend until 11.

Steve. I forgot to bring any type of ice chest and I wanted to keep it cool so I had to tie it off in the water for a while.

I was tossing a regular old 3“. Rapalla.
No weight it got cleaned and went right into the trailer freezer.

I was too nice a fish to not eat. I guess If i fished often and caught them often I might c&r but not this time.

It's ok to kill a bass. There are plenty.

check this bass caught on the Mexicali side of the All American canal. Drop 4... 9lb. 4ozs
guy released it, said he saw 3 bigger ones
Dang that toad is heavy. I fished the East Highline today and got el skunko.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s huge. I didn’t know they grew that big in the canals.
I know right.. what are some tips for the canals? I do poorly there but am always wanting to give it a try because I hear from so many guys that score bass and cats. I try to locate the drops and structure areas but I still suck. Sorry for the thread jack..

That’s huge. I didn’t know they grew that big in the canals.

That All American is pretty big and I guess the fish have time to grow. Lots of bluegill in that drop that the bass was caught. The guys said he used a large size swimbait to make it hit. I'm heading out to put some cams in the desert and will do a loop and hit the canal on the way back into town on Saturday.

I know right.. what are some tips for the canals? I do poorly there but am always wanting to give it a try because I hear from so many guys that score bass and cats. I try to locate the drops and structure areas but I still suck. Sorry for the thread jack..

for reals, sorry about the thread jack... I always do job with live bait, just about every fish will hit it. Fishing at night also helps, the striped bass are active at night. When I can't find minnows I switch over the crank baits.

Back