Finally Got Elk Tags

WisterJunkie

Oct 12, 2014
After striking out as usual in the draws I found a decently priced rifle bull hunt in Utah and talked dad into buying it. He's never killed a bull and didn't want to buy the tag cause there was only 1 available. Told him I would go with him and seeing him kill one would be just as satisfying. My hypocrisy only last a week and I decided to buy an archery hunt from same outfitter. Wife was surprisingly supportive on me going. Reached out to landowner where we killed cow elk last year and got penciled in for week my 5year old is out of school. Finally fired up for season!

My best memories are from learning elk with others and then showing and helping my friends with what I had learned. My wife in the first pic has become the most satisfying of all as she came to it through me and cannot do it anymore. That memory with her first elk will live with me forever .....

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    404.9 KB · Views: 10

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu