Finally started the process Newbie

jkatracing

Oct 26, 2020
After years of wanting to hunt, i finally completed the online hunters-ed and researching my first purchase.
Probably will start with upland game birds this year (maybe) if i can find a shotgun.
Anyway, thanks for letting me in and i hope to learn and contribute eventually.

Ed

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Welcome Ed! Picking up a shotgun is your best bet to get out and about and start learning the areas. I am a late onset hunter as well..I am 32 and barely on my 3rd season..still have lots to learn but most questions I have are usually answered by searching old posts on here. If you are a local I'd suggest joining the NWTF San Diego chapter..we meet once a month. There is actually a meeting tomorrow evening in Poway.

Reactions: dirtriddr
Thanks for the invite but I’m in LA (Torrance). I’m much older than you but since our family doesn’t have a history of hunting it’s taken me longer. I’m much more of a fisherman (fresh and offshore) but enjoy being outdoors so I’m hoping to try this out!

Reactions: dirtriddr
Welcome aboard Ed . Came to the right place . Get out there and you will find them . What part of town are you in ?

Thanks for the welcome! I’m in Torrance. Working on getting a shotgun and hoping to go this year!!! No clue where but will figure it out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu