First Bobcat

rbduffer

Dec 15, 2014
Fallbrook
Today I was scouting for deer while always keeping an eye out for Wile-E with my .243 in tow. When an unfortunate Bobcat fell into my glass at sundown.
Now I'm in need of a trusted Taxidermist. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Better to be lucky than good sometimes! Congrats. And thanks for reminding me to buy a cat tag.

Super cool, hopefully a lot of quail were saved by taking these too critters out. I know predators have a keen eye.... I would put away that stainless watch so it doesn't shine some predator away, but then again it hasn't hurt your hunting none.

Thanks for all the nice replies guys.
Longbow, I painted the hat with the leftover camo paint from the rifle. I'm thrifty that way.
My wife bought me the watch two weeks ago... so I love it.
The dog was going away from me at 160 yds and the cat was hanging out at 280 yds, at twilight, so the new watch did not come into play, thankfully.
I think I'm ready for deer season, bring on the bucks!

Thanks for all the nice replies guys.
Longbow, I painted the hat with the leftover camo paint from the rifle. I'm thrifty that way.
My wife bought me the watch two weeks ago... so I love it.
The dog was going away from me at 160 yds and the cat was hanging out at 280 yds, at twilight, so the new watch did not come into play, thankfully.
I think I'm ready for deer season, bring on the bucks!
Which rifle do yo have?
I have the Savage XP
I should have the better model with accu trigger. It works.

I agree LongBow, RBduffer's floppy hat is very cool. it somewhat resembles the special forces floppy hat that the Russians/soviets wore.

First, let me say that all my other guns are Savage heavy barrels, from rim fires to .308. I'm a big fan of their philosophy.

This rifle is a Howa 1500. I got it cheap with a burned out 22-250 barrel, then found a stainless factory take-off in .243. With a little load development it's a shooter.

The hat is an old Bass Pro floppy, but since I never received my 'Sponsors Check', I just painted over the logo.

Yeah, here's a couple of pix. If the second photo doesn't look like a cat, that's cuz I didn't tell you the whole story.
But it was a very good day for the 70 gr. Varmagedden, those things POP.

iupa and Steve, I wll call the Trophy room today. Thanks for your input.

.View attachment 36580View attachment 36581
You gave me an idea, tomorrow I will paint my hat too, now a question, I do have a tag for a bobcat just in case and I know that we dont need tags to hunt coyotes but can you teach me what do we have to do with the dead animals? It might sound like a dumb question but I never have heard the answer yet.

You gave me an idea, tomorrow I will paint my hat too, now a question, I do have a tag for a bobcat just in case and I know that we dont need tags to hunt coyotes but can you teach me what do we have to do with the dead animals? It might sound like a dumb question but I never have heard the answer yet.

first you skin it and tan the hide to display in your man cave, the carcass can be left in an area where casual hikers won't find it , then it will return to
the earth from which it came, most likely feed its brothers and sisters.

first you skin it and tan the hide to display in your man cave, the carcass can be left in an area where casual hikers won't find it , then it will return to
the earth from which it came, most likely feed its brothers and sisters.
Thank you sir, I apreciate your instruction.
We do the same with coyotes?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu