First deer with a bow since 2005

Jawbreaker

Apr 6, 2023
Life just got in the way of hunting deer, when my kids were young, they’re all adults now so I’m making time to get back into archery. my dad once told me not to pass up a deer on the first day that you’re willing to take on you’re last so I took the shot when it presented itself. I set up my tree stand where my cameras showed the most opportunity and shot this doe yesterday. She’s not really big but I wanted to know I could get it done.
my cousin texted me around 5:15 with a picture of a doe headed my way( he was in his stand a few hundred yards away). about 15 minutes later she showed up and I let her have it at 20 yards. This is my first time hunting out of a tree stand and I thought I might have hit her a little high but the angle down was perfect and I double lunged her, she pile up about 80 yards away.
I almost didn’t want to post this after seeing that buck JNDEER posted but even though it’s just a little doe it’s a great Memory for me and now i Can focus on a buck with my AO tag.

3A3D46D2-CFB5-46AF-9F4D-61A434D2799F.jpegIMG_6669.jpegIMG_1637.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What state you shank her in? Tasty!!

Nice, dont let monster shooter like JN and of course P&Y scare you off. Haha
Ive been known to shoot some small ones when they stand there.

They say any deer with a bow....

Congrats

Reactions: ilovesprig
This is a San Diego deer. I go to Wyoming at the end of the month and have a buck and some doe tags.
Strong work! Had no idea we could shoot does with a bow this time of year!! Then again..I don't live in So cal.. and don't know Dick...clearly!!! Awesome job dude! Any deer with a bow is an accomplishment!!

Nice dude, don't ever worry about posting a doe or small buck it's freaking rad. Post away!

This ^ or a dove..we are all hunters and love the game. Again..strong work!!

Life just got in the way of hunting deer, when my kids were young, they’re all adults now so I’m making time to get back into archery. my dad once told me not to pass up a deer on the first day that you’re willing to take on you’re last so I took the shot when it presented itself. I set up my tree stand where my cameras showed the most opportunity and shot this doe yesterday. She’s not really big but I wanted to know I could get it done.
my cousin texted me around 5:15 with a picture of a doe headed my way( he was in his stand a few hundred yards away). about 15 minutes later she showed up and I let her have it at 20 yards. This is my first time hunting out of a tree stand and I thought I might have hit her a little high but the angle down was perfect and I double lunged her, she pile up about 80 yards away.
I almost didn’t want to post this after seeing that buck JNDEER posted but even though it’s just a little doe it’s a great Memory for me and now i Can focus on a buck with my AO tag.

View attachment 59581View attachment 59582View attachment 59583

Any animal with a bow is an accomplishment in itself! Well done sir, well done.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu