First ducks

CLarson757

Dec 29, 2019
First two legit trips out were successful. I’ve always seen ducks in creeks and ponds while deer or turkey hunting. Never thought twice about it. Now I want to join a club and buy a new gun

Public land, jumping ponds and creeks in D16!

DF78447E-C223-4304-B568-D31001F5CF3D.jpegFFE6C93A-379B-4C6C-B62E-112A7386C0E0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only way to kill ducks!! Spot and stalk!! Nice work dude..that one in the middle is my favorite!! Life size with habitat or without?

Reactions: CLarson757
I’m thinking it’s all just beginners luck. I’ve got the itch though now so next year I’ll definitely make more time for this. Never really got into it but it’s really fun. I obviously didn’t get all these on my own but at least half of them. Where I grew up in North Carolina, waterfowl hunting was a cult I never joined. Now I get it.

If you are doing that I'd say why do you want to join a club.....
Figured a club or at least get in some of the public lakes in a blind. This was fun but a lot of driving. I’d like to see what all this decoy and calling stuff is about. Plus my dog loves retrieving and I’d like to get her dialed in with a more controlled environment.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Figured a club or at least get in some of the public lakes in a blind. This was fun but a lot of driving. I’d like to see what all this decoy and calling stuff is about. Plus my dog loves retrieving and I’d like to get her dialed in with a more controlled environment.

Chris,

It's definitely an obsession....I didn't start "real" duck hunting until I was 22....Now at 75....I still can't get enough of it and hunting with a dog is even better......... :heart:

as with most things duck hunting is a deep pool, lots to do and explore. The driving thing is hard to get away from. Takes me 4.5hrs to get to the LCRA aka plaster city
Don't give up on the public land duck hunting. This year is good with all the water around but there are LOTS of places even in the dry years to duck hunt that are not wister, SanJac or a club.

Fridays view was worth a million bucks
20230120_070352.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu